1 Corinthians For You: Thrilling You With How Grace Changes Lives (God's Word For You Series)
The scope of 1 Corinthians is breathtaking. Paul tackles a huge variety of subjects, and as he does so, he gives us a precious insight into what a local church is (or at least can be). As Andrew Wilson walks...
You May Also Like
The scope of 1 Corinthians is breathtaking. Paul tackles a huge variety of subjects, and as he does so, he gives us a precious insight into what a local church is (or at least can be). As Andrew Wilson walks through this compelling, challenging epistle, you'll see how grace looks in every Christian and how it can shape every church-even a church as flawed as the Corinthian one. This expository guide is less academic than a traditional commentary and includes lots of application. It can be read from cover to cover, used in personal devotions, used to lead small group studies, or used for sermon preparation.
Andrew Wilson holds degrees in theology from Cambridge (MA) and London (MTh). He has taught a number of courses and seminars on apologetics, and has debated Christian issues with several leading scientists. His conference and teaching ministry is interantional in scope. His other books are: Deluded by Dawkins?, Incomparable and GodStories. He lives in Eastbourne with his wife Rachel and their two children, Zeke and Anna.
- 1. The Cross Changes Everything (1:1-31)
- 2. The Spirit And The Building (2:1-3:23)
- 3. The Problems Start (4:1-5:13)
- 4. Sex And The City (6:1-20)
- 5. Questions Of Status (7:1-40)
- 6. How To Use Your Freedom (8:1-9:27)
- 7. Be Warned (10:1-11:1)
- 8. Head Coverings And Meal Gatherings (11:2-34)
- 9. Gifts, Lordship And Love (12:1-13:13)
- 10. Prophecy And The Church (14:1-40)
- 11. But Christ Has Indeed Been Raised (15:1-49)
- 12. The Victory And The People Of God (15:50-16:24)