2 Corinthians 1-7 - True Discipleship (9 Studies) (The Good Book Guides Series)
Just like the Corinthians, we get stuck in the here and now, and forget about eternity. Like them, we are more impressed by fame and fortune than by faithfulness to Jesus Christ. We too struggle when life gets hard, and...
In Stock25 available
You May Also Like
Just like the Corinthians, we get stuck in the here and now, and forget about eternity. Like them, we are more impressed by fame and fortune than by faithfulness to Jesus Christ. We too struggle when life gets hard, and would love life to be a prosperous bed of roses. We would love to be strong, but know that we are weak - fragile clay pots that are filled with the immense treasure of Gods grace.
James Hughes is Professor of Comparative Politics at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- 1. Suffering And Comfort
- - God's Work In Our Troubles (2 Corinthians 1 V 1-11)
- 2. Faithful Or Fickle?
- - When Plans Have To Change (2 Corinthians 1 V 12 - 2 V 4)
- 3. Truth And Forgiveness
- - Speaking Out In Christ (2 Corinthians 2 V 5 - 3 V 6)
- 4. The Old And The New
- - The Difference That Christ Makes (2 Corinthians 3 V 7-18)
- 5. Fragile Yet Eternal
- - How To Keep Going (2 Corinthians 4 V 1-18)
- 6. Clothed Or Naked?
- - Looking Ahead To Eternity (2 Corinthians 5 V 1-10)
- 7. Life And Death
- - Why We Share The Gospel (2 Corinthians 5 V 11-21)
- 8. Grace, Not Stumbling Blocks
- - Helping And Being Helped (2 Corinthians 6 V 1 - 7 V 1)
- 9. Discipline And Encouragement
- - Responding To Godly Correction (2 Corinthians 7 V 2-16)