A Better Than Anything Christmas: Explore How Jesus Makes Christmas Better
A Better Than Anything Christmas is the second Advent devotional for families from Barbara Reaoch, author of the best-selling A Jesus Christmas. These daily devotions in the Gospels give a thorough investigation of why Jesus came. In the lead-up to...
In Stock45 available
You May Also Like
A Better Than Anything Christmas is the second Advent devotional for families from Barbara Reaoch, author of the best-selling A Jesus Christmas. These daily devotions in the Gospels give a thorough investigation of why Jesus came. In the lead-up to Christmas, families will explore 25 reasons why Jesus came, and they will see that what Jesus gives us is better than anything else we could wish for. Each day there is a passage to read together, questions to think about, an explanation and a prayer. There are also age-appropriate application questions, some for younger children and some for older children, as well as journalling space so that each family member can write or draw their own response to what God has shown them. So get each family member a copy of A Better Than Anything Christmas and a Bible, and find ten minutes a day in December to look at God's word together so that kids get more excited about Jesus than anything else that Christmas offers.
Barbara Reaoch is Bible Study Fellowship International's Director of children's programs. For nearly twenty years, she taught women's BSF classes in the U.S. and South Africa. Barbara also worked at the Rafiki Girl's Center in South Africa, teaching the Bible and life skills to young women. She is the author of Why Easter?, a companion book to Why Christmas?. Barbara has been married to Ron for 40 years; they have three grown children and four grandchildren.
- Before You Begin
- Some Useful Bible Words
- Dec 1: Luke 1 V 26-33 - Jesus Keeps All God's Promises
- Dec 2: Luke 1 V 34-38 - Jesus Gives Life Purpose
- Dec 3: Luke 1 V 46-52 - Jesus Takes Away Our Guilt And Shame
- Dec 4: Luke 1 V 53-55 - Jesus Fills Us With Himself
- Dec 5: Luke 1 V 11-17 - Jesus Gives Us A New Heart
- Dec 6: Luke 1 V 67-75 - Jesus Sets Us Free To Live For Him
- Dec 7: Mt 1 V 18-21 - Jesus Gives Us Life Forever
- Dec 8: Luke 2 V 8-12 - Jesus Gives Us New Wants
- Dec 9: Luke 2 V 13-14 - Jesus Is Our Peace
- Dec 10: Luke 2 V 15-20 - Jesus Is Our Treasure
- Dec 11: Luke 2 V 22-24 - Jesus Is Our Royal Robe
- Dec 12: Luke 2 V 25-32 - Jesus Gives Us Eyes To See God
- Dec 13: Luke 2 V 33-35 - Jesus Took Our Place To Give Us His
- Dec 14: Luke 2 V 36-38 - Jesus Is Our Defender
- Dec 15: Mt 1 V 22-23 - Jesus Is With Us And For Us
- Dec 16: Mt 2 V 1-6 - Jesus Is Our Forever King
- Dec 17: Mt 2 V 9-12 - Jesus Makes Our Heart His Home
- Dec 18: Mt 2 V 13-18 - Jesus Loves Us Enough To Warn Us
- Dec 19: John 1 V 1-5 - Jesus Gives Us His Mind
- Dec 20: John 1 V 1-3 - Jesus Gives Us His Identity
- Dec 21: John 1 V 4-5 - Jesus Gives Us Light To God
- Dec 22: John 1 V 9-12 - Jesus Gives Us A Home With Him In Heaven
- Dec 23: John 1 V 9-13 - Jesus Gives Us Rest; His Work Counts For Us.
- Dec 24: John 1 V 14 - Jesus Gives Us Eyes To See God
- Dec 25: John 1 V 14, 16-18 - Jesus Came To Give Us Himself!
- Extra Family Journaling Space