A Deeper Look At the Fruit of the Spirit (Lifeguide In Depth Bible Study Series)
A deep look at Scripture-God's very words-is never wasted. In fact, not only is it never wasted; it's richly rewarded. The more deeply we dive into the riches of the Bible, the more deeply we can experience and serve God,...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
A deep look at Scripture-God's very words-is never wasted. In fact, not only is it never wasted; it's richly rewarded. The more deeply we dive into the riches of the Bible, the more deeply we can experience and serve God, the giver of all truth, wisdom, love and understanding. The new LifeGuide® in Depth Bible Studies help you do just that, taking you further into themes and books of Scripture than you might have gone before. As you see new connections between the Old and New Testament, gain an understanding of the historical and cultural background of passages, engage in creative exercises, and concretely apply what you've learned, you'll be amazed at the breadth of the knowledge and wisdom you gain and the transformation God can work in you as you meet him in his Word. Each session provides enough material for a week's worth of Scripture study along with a weekly group discussion guide that pulls all of the elements together. This guide is based on and includes the inductive Bible study Fruit of the Spirit from the bestselling LifeGuide® Bible Study Series--only now it has been expanded for a new kind of study experience. In A Deeper Look at the Fruit of the Spirit, specifically, you'll discover
what your biggest barriers to joy might be
what biblical writers meant by "peace" (hint: it's more than an absence of fighting)
what to do when you realize you're not as nice a person as you thought you were
what the Old Testament teaches us about God's gentleness
and much more. If you're longing to go deeper in your understanding of God and his Word, LifeGuide® in Depth Bible Studies are for you. These new studies will meet your need for both rich, solidly researched content and personal application. They'll meet your need for Bible study that challenges your head and your heart. Most of all, we pray you'll meet God in them.
Offner has for many years worked with students in the InterVarsity Christian Fellowship chapter at the University of Illinois. She has also helped to lead and promote hundreds of Bible study groups in the Champaign-Urbana area.
- A Deep Look At Scripture-god's Very Words-is Never Wasted. In Fact, Not Only Is It Never Wasted; It's Richly Rewarded. The More Deeply We Dive Into The Riches Of The Bible, The More Deeply We Can Experience And Serve God, The Giver Of All Truth, Wisdom, Love And Understanding. The New Lifeguide® In Depth Bible Studies Help You Do Just That, Taking You Further Into Themes And Books Of Scripture Than You Might Have Gone Before. As You See New Connections Between The Old And New Testament, Gain An Understanding Of The Historical And Cultural Background Of Passages, Engage In Creative Exercises, And Concretely Apply What You've Learned, You'll Be Amazed At The Breadth Of The Knowledge And Wisdom You Gain And The Transformation God Can Work In You As You Meet Him In His Word. Each Session Provides Enough Material For A Week's Worth Of Scripture Study Along With A Weekly Group Discussion Guide That Pulls All Of The Elements Together. This Guide Is Based On And Includes The Inductive Bible Study <em>fruit Of The Spirit</em> From The Bestselling Lifeguide® Bible Study Series--only Now It Has Been Expanded For A New Kind Of Study Experience. In <em>a Deeper Look At The Fruit Of The Spirit,</em> Specifically, You'll Discover <ul> <li>what Your Biggest Barriers To Joy Might Be</li> <li>what Biblical Writers Meant By "peace" (hint: It's More Than An Absence Of Fighting)</li> <li>what To Do When You Realize You're Not As Nice A Person As You Thought You Were</li> <li>what The Old Testament Teaches Us About God's Gentleness</li> </ul> And Much More. If You're Longing To Go Deeper In Your Understanding Of God And His Word, Lifeguide® In Depth Bible Studies Are For You. These New Studies Will Meet Your Need For Both Rich, Solidly Researched Content And Personal Application. They'll Meet Your Need For Bible Study That Challenges Your Head And Your Heart. Most Of All, We Pray You'll Meet God In Them.
- 1. Love - <em>1 John 4:7-16</em>
- 2. Joy - <em>luke 24:33-53</em>
- 3. Peace - <em>isaiah 43:1-7</em>
- 4. Patience - <em>matthew 18:21-35</em>
- 5. Kindness - <em>2 Samuel 9</em>
- 6. Goodness - <em>psalm 107</em>
- 7. Faithfulness - <em>2 Chronicles 20:1-30</em>
- 8. Gentleness - <em>1 Thessalonians 2:1-12</em>
- 9. Self-control - <em>1 Samuel 26</em>
- Leader's Notes