A Little Book For New Preachers
One of the central tasks of pastoral ministry is preaching the Word of God. Yet those who are called to ministry may feel unprepared, unable, or unwilling to step into this role. Moreover, the discipline of homiletics sometimes gets lost...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
One of the central tasks of pastoral ministry is preaching the Word of God. Yet those who are called to ministry may feel unprepared, unable, or unwilling to step into this role. Moreover, the discipline of homiletics sometimes gets lost amid the exegetical questions, theological debates, and denominational disputes that overwhelm our attention. In this brief introduction to preaching, Matthew Kim helps to prepare those called to preach the Word. A seasoned preacher himself, Kim provides proven insight and guidance about the importance and history of preaching, the characteristics of faithful preaching, and the personal habits of a faithful preacher. With his help, both those training for ministry and those new to the pastoral task will be encouraged as they undertake their calling.
- <strong>one Of The Central Tasks Of Pastoral Ministry Is Preaching The Word Of God.</strong> Yet Those Who Are Called To Ministry May Feel Unprepared, Unable, Or Unwilling To Step Into This Role. Moreover, The Discipline Of Homiletics Sometimes Gets Lost Amid The Exegetical Questions, Theological Debates, And Denominational Disputes That Overwhelm Our Attention. In This Brief Introduction To Preaching, Matthew Kim Helps To Prepare Those Called To Preach The Word. A Seasoned Preacher Himself, Kim Provides Proven Insight And Guidance About The Importance And History Of Preaching, The Characteristics Of Faithful Preaching, And The Personal Habits Of A Faithful Preacher. With His Help, Both Those Training For Ministry And Those New To The Pastoral Task Will Be Encouraged As They Undertake Their Calling.
- <strong>part I: Why Study Preaching?</strong>
- 1. Preaching: The Forgotten Discipline
- 2. Preaching: A Great Legacy
- 3. Preaching: Making Disciples
- <strong>part Ii: Characteristics Of Faithful Preaching</strong>
- 4. Faithful Interpretation
- 5. Faithful Cultural Exegesis
- 6. Faithful Application
- <strong>part Iii: Characteristics Of Faithful Preachers</strong>
- 7. Being Pastoral And Loving
- 8. Being A Person Of Character And Integrity
- 9. Being Prayerful And Spirit-led
- Name And Subject Index
- Scripture Index