A Little Book For New Scientists (Little Books Series)
:Many young Christians interested in the sciences have felt torn between two options: remaining faithful to Christ or studying science. Heated debates over the past century have created the impression that we have to choose between one or the other....
Available Now.6 Available
You may also like
:Many young Christians interested in the sciences have felt torn between two options: remaining faithful to Christ or studying science. Heated debates over the past century have created the impression that we have to choose between one or the other. The result has been a crisis of faith for many students.Josh Reeves and Steve Donaldson present a concise introduction to the study of science that explains why scientists in every age have found science congenial to their faith and how Christians in the sciences can bridge the gap between science and Christian belief and practice. If Christians are to have a beneficial dialogue with science, it will be guided by those who understand science from the inside. Consequently, this book provides both advice and encouragement for Christians entering or engaged in scientific careers because their presence in science is a vital component of the church's witness in the world.
Steve Donaldson (PhD, University of Alabama) is the director of the computer science program and co-director of the computational biology program at Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama. He is also one of the co-founders of the Samford University Center for Science and Religion. His interests in cognition, machine intelligence, evolutionary systems and the interface of science and religion have led him to pursue a number of interdisciplinary teaching and research opportunities and to mentor students in award-winning research. Donaldson enjoys mountain climbing, whitewater kayaking, snow s
- <strong>part I: Why Study Science?</strong>
- 1. God And The Book Of Nature2. Christianity And The History Of Science3. Science And Ethics
- <strong>part Ii: The Characteristics Of Faithful Science And Scientists</strong>
- 4. Hope In The Face Of Adversity5. Life Together: Working With Others In A Scientific Community6. The Known Unknowns: Science And Intellectual Humility
- <strong>part Iii: Science And Christian Faith</strong>
- 7. Science And Scripture8. Are Scientists Mostly Atheists?9. Science For The Good Of The Church
- For Further Readingname And Subject Index