Acts (John Stott Bible Studies Series)
Study Scripture with John Stott The Spirit moved in dramatic ways in the early church. The gospel was preached, thousands were added to their number, many were healed, and the good news about Jesus was spread across continents. Covering the...
You May Also Like
Study Scripture with John Stott The Spirit moved in dramatic ways in the early church. The gospel was preached, thousands were added to their number, many were healed, and the good news about Jesus was spread across continents. Covering the exciting action of the Spirit in the years just following Jesus' life on earth, this study will open your eyes to the Spirit's power in the past and present and help you apply the riches of Scripture to your own life. John Stott was one of the world's leading and most-loved Bible teachers and preachers. In this Bible study guide you can explore Scripture under his guidance, enhancing your own in-depth study with insights gained from his years of immersion in God's Word.
Le Peau is an area director for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship serving in the Chicago metro area. She is also the author of several Bible study guides published by InterVarsity Press and Zondervan.
The late Rev Dr. John Stott is known worldwide as a Bible teacher, writer, pastor and mission-leader. During a ministry that extended to seven decades, he authored many books including the best-selling Basic Christianity, Why I Am a Christian and The Cross of Christ ; he was also the editor, (and author of several volumes) of the Bible Speaks Today. In more recent years he was Rector Emeritus of All Souls Church, Langham Place, London; President of the London Institute for Contemporary Christianity; and Founder-President of the Langham Partnership International. He was awarded the CBE in the Queens 2006 New Year Honours. Stott was honored by Time magazine in 2005 as one of the "100 Most Influential People in the World."
Koorong - Editorial Review.
- Study Scripture With John Stott The Spirit Moved In Dramatic Ways In The Early Church. The Gospel Was Preached, Thousands Were Added To Their Number, Many Were Healed, And The Good News About Jesus Was Spread Across Continents. Covering The Exciting Action Of The Spirit In The Years Just Following Jesus' Life On Earth, This Study Will Open Your Eyes To The Spirit's Power In The Past And Present And Help You Apply The Riches Of Scripture To Your Own Life. John Stott Was One Of The World's Leading And Most-loved Bible Teachers And Preachers. In This Bible Study Guide You Can Explore Scripture Under His Guidance, Enhancing Your Own In-depth Study With Insights Gained From His Years Of Immersion In God's Word.
- 1. Waiting For The Spirit—acts 1
- 2. Receiving The Spirit—acts 2
- 3. The Outbreak Of Persecution—acts 3:1—4:31
- 4. Satanic Counterattack—acts 4:32—6:7
- 5. Stephen The Martyr—acts 6:8—7:60
- 6. Philip The Evangelist—acts 8:1-40
- 7. The Conversion Of Saul—acts 9:1-31
- 8. The Conversion Of Cornelius—acts 9:32—11:18
- 9. Growing Pains—acts 11:19—12:24
- 10. Spreading The Word—acts 12:25—14:28
- 11. Resolving Conflict—acts 15:1—16:5
- 12. Following The Spirit—acts 16:6—17:15
- 13. City Of Idols—acts 17:16-34
- 14. Good News Strategy—acts 18—19
- 15. Saying Goodbye—acts 20:1—21:17
- 16. Politics And Religion—acts 21:18—23:35
- 17. The Gospel On Trial—acts 24—26
- 18. Following God's Lead—acts 27—28
- Guidelines For Leaders