An Invitation to Analytic Christian Theology
:In recent decades a new movement has arisen, bringing the conceptual tools of analytic philosophy to bear on theological reflection. Called analytic theology, it seeks to bring a clarity of thought and a disciplined use of logic to the work...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives. eBook is Available.0 Available. Expected to ship in 4 to 5 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
:In recent decades a new movement has arisen, bringing the conceptual tools of analytic philosophy to bear on theological reflection. Called analytic theology, it seeks to bring a clarity of thought and a disciplined use of logic to the work of constructive Christian theology. In this introduction to analytic theology for specialists and nonspecialists alike, Thomas McCall lays out what it is and what it isn't. The goal of this growing and energetic field is not the removal of all mystery in theology. At the same time, it insists that mystery must not be confused with logical incoherence.McCall explains the connections of analytic theology to Scripture, Christian tradition and culture, using case studies to illuminate his discussion. Beyond mere description, McCall calls the discipline to a deeper engagement with the traditional resources of the theological task.
Thomas H. McCall (Ph.D., Calvin Theological Seminary) is associate professor of biblical and systematic theology at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, Illinois, and coeditor of Philosophical and Theological Essays on the Trinity and author of Which Trinity? Whose Monotheism? Philosophical and Systematic Theologians on the Metaphysics of Trinitarian Theology
Koorong -Editorial Review.
- <strong>1. What Is Analytic Theology?</strong>
- A Brief History Of Analytic Theologywhat Analytic Theology Is (or Should Be)what Analytic Theology Isn’t: Misunderstandings And Objections
- <strong>2. Analytic Theology And Christian Scripture</strong>
- Analytic Theology And The Response To Revelationbiblically "authorized" Analytic Theology?"you Intended It For Evil": Biblical Theology And The Case For Compatibilism As A Case Study
- <strong>3. Analytic Theology And The History Of Doctrine</strong>
- Historical Theology And Analytic Theologyobjections, Ontology And Orthodoxy: Christology As A Case Study"i Am My Body, Broken For You"? Physicalist Christology As Case Study
- <strong>4. Analytic Theology For The Church And The World</strong>
- Analytic Theology And The Broader Aspirations Of Christian Theologythe Historical Adam And The Crisis Of Faith: A Recent Conversation On Creation, Evolution And Christian Doctrine As A Case Studyunfinished Business: Toward Broader Horizons In Analytic Theologyunstarted Business: Toward A Global Analytic Theology
- <strong>5. Analytic Theology To The Glory Of God</strong>
- The Approach Of The Theologianthe <em>telos</em> Of Theologyan Invitation To Analytic Theology, And Some Modest Suggestions
- Author Indexsubject Index