Andrae Crouch Collection (History Makers Music Series)
Andrae Crouch made music that both helped establish a contemporary gospel style and form a foundation for contemporary Christian pop. This collection features his finest songs from the years with his group The Disciples, and some of his early solo...
Unavailable. Out of Print. Only available while stock lasts.Out of Print
You may also like
Andrae Crouch made music that both helped establish a contemporary gospel style and form a foundation for contemporary Christian pop. This collection features his finest songs from the years with his group The Disciples, and some of his early solo recordings as well, remastered with 24-bit technology for superior sound. Songs include 'Soon And Very Soon', 'The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power' and 'My Tribute (To God Be The Glory)'.
1. The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power
- 1. The Blood Will Never Lose Its PowerAndrae Crouch0:59
- 2. Im Gonna Keep On SinginAndrae Crouch0:59
- 3. Ive Got ConfidenceAndrae Crouch0:59
- 4. My TributeAndrae Crouch0:59
- 5. I Dont Know Why Jesus Loves MeAndrae Crouch0:59
- 6. Through It AllAndrae Crouch0:59
- 7. It Wont Be LongAndrae Crouch0:59
- 8. Bless His Holy NameAndrae Crouch0:59
- 9. Jesus Is The AnswerAndrae Crouch0:59
- 10. Just Like He Said He WouldAndrae Crouch0:59
- 11. Take Me BackAndrae Crouch0:59
- 12. Perfect PeaceAndrae Crouch0:59
- 13. Soon And Very SoonAndrae Crouch0:59
- 14. Ill Be Thinking Of YouAndrae Crouch0:59
- 15. Its Gonna RainAndrae Crouch0:59
Andraé Edward Crouch is an award-winning gospel musician, recording artist, songwriter, arranger, and producer. Born July 1, 1942 in Los Angeles, California, he was a key figure in the Christian Music movement of the 1960s and 1970s. His religious songs have been performed by Elvis Presley, Paul Simon, and church choirs and other musical groups around the world. He has won eight GRAMMY awards, six GMA Dove awards and received an Oscar nomination. Crouch was inducted into the Gospel Music Association's Gospel Music Hall of Fame in 1998.
His recordings range from reverent hymns, to the traditional gospel music pioneered by Thomas A. Dorsey, to contemporary light rock and pop-oriented songs backed by jazz musicians, to African/world-music influences.
Called the "the father of the modern gospel," because he more than anyone expanded gospel music to include elements of R&B and modern popular styles during the 70s and 80s, Crouch received his early musical formation in his parents' church in southern California.
His first musical group was the COGICS (Church of God in Christ Singers), which he formed when he was in high school and which featured vocalist Billy Preston. Preston later played organ for the Beatles, Eric Clapton, and many other mainstream and gospel artists before launching a successful solo career.
Hi albums include Just Andre, Don't Give Up,The Journey, and more.