Apostles' Creed (Lifeguide Bible Study Series)
"I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth." This six-session study, based on Alister McGrath's book I Believe, introduces us to the Apostles' Creed and the essential truths about God the Father, the person and work...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
"I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth." This six-session study, based on Alister McGrath's book I Believe, introduces us to the Apostles' Creed and the essential truths about God the Father, the person and work of Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. Christians indeed trust in God, and the basics of our faith have remained the same for centuries. These truths are summarized in historic church documents known as creeds. The Apostles' Creed is an ideal starting point for this vital process of consolidating our grasp of the faith.
Scientist, and former atheist, turned internationally-regarded theologian and prolific author, Revd Professor Alister McGrath, (D.Phil (Oxon), earned D.D. (Oxon) has been appointed to the newly created Chair in Theology, Ministry and Education at King's College, London. Formerly he was Professor of Historical Theology, and Senior Research Fellow at Harris Manchester College, Oxford.
He is a world-renowned theologian, and is the author of numerous bestselling titles including The Christian Theology Reader; Theology; Christianity: An Introduction; A Brief History of Heaven, and Dawkins' God .
McGrath is an Evangelical on the cutting edge of the interface between Theology and Science, and Theology within post-modern culture as indicated by his most recent publications A Fine-Tuned Universe? Anthropic Phenomena and Natural Theology(2009),The Dawkins Delusion? Atheist Fundamentalism and the Denial of the Divine and The Open Secret: A New Vision for Natural Theology.
Koorong -Editorial Review.
- "i Believe In God The Father, Almighty, Maker Of Heaven And Earth." This Six-session Study, Based On Alister Mcgrath's Book <em>i Believe,</em> Introduces Us To The Apostles' Creed And The Essential Truths About God The Father, The Person And Work Of Jesus Christ, And The Holy Spirit. Christians Indeed Trust In God, And The Basics Of Our Faith Have Remained The Same For Centuries. These Truths Are Summarized In Historic Church Documents Known As Creeds. The Apostles' Creed Is An Ideal Starting Point For This Vital Process Of Consolidating Our Grasp Of The Faith.
- 1. I Believegenesis 12:1-8; 15:1-6
- 2. God The Fatherisaiah 40:21-31
- 3. God The Son: His Identity And Birthphilippians 2:5-11
- 4. God The Son: His Death And Resurrection 1 Corinthians 15:1-28
- 5. God The Son: His Present Activity And Future Role; God The Holy Spirit Colossians 1:15-20; 1 Corinthians 12:1-11
- 6. The Church, Forgiveness And Eternal Life Ephesians 4:1-13
- Leaders’ Notes