Applied Human Relations
Applied Human Relations emphasizes the person in the organization and the interactions between managers and other employees. Each chapter includes a Profile of Human Behavior to allow readers to identify with successful job holders at all levels, from entry level...
Special Order Item0 Available.
You may also like
Applied Human Relations emphasizes the person in the organization and the interactions between managers and other employees. Each chapter includes a Profile of Human Behavior to allow readers to identify with successful job holders at all levels, from entry level to top executives. The sixth edition of Applied Human Relations: An Organizational Approach has been reorganized and rewritten to be more direct than previous editions. The book now includes new sections on conflict management and communications and management in virtual organizations. The sections on selective teamwork, service orientation, catalytic leadership, personal and organizational values, quality management, and cross-cultural relations have been expanded from the previous edition. A valuable reference book for anyone who wishes a greater understanding of human relations in the workplace.
- I. Introduction: People Are Human. 1. Fundamentals Of Human Relations. 2.
- Personal And Organizational Values. Ii. Individual Challenges: Getting To
- Know Ourselves And Our Opportunities. 3. Personal Development: Stress,
- Time, And Career Management. 4. Personal Problems And Counseling: Alcohol,
- Drugs, And Sex. 5. Human Motivation. 6. Job Performance And Morale. Iii.
- Group Challenges: Getting To Know And Interacting With Others. 7.
- Interpersonal And Informal Communication. 8. Organizational Design And
- Formal Communication. 9. Group Behavior And Conflict Management. 10. Power
- And Status. Iv. Organizational Challenges: We Lead, Develop, And Decide.
- 11. Leadership. 12. Orientation, Training, And Discipline. 13. Appraisals,
- Promotions, And Dismissals. 14. Creativity And Innovation In Decision
- Making. V. Organizational Dynamics And Culture: We Change And Get To Know
- Our Organizations, Societies, And Culture. 15. Managing Change Through
- Teamwork. 16. Job And Pay Discrimination. 17. Organized Employee
- Relations. 18. Cross-cultural Relations. Glossary. Index.