Authority to Heal
Have you ever prayed for a sick friend? Does God heal today? If so, why are so many people in pain around us? We have all heard stories of miraculous healings. But can we believe them? Why are some...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
Have you ever prayed for a sick friend?
Does God heal today? If so, why are so many people in pain around us? We have all heard stories of miraculous healings. But can we believe them? Why are some people healed and some not? Does God give ordinary Christians the authority to heal?
As Ken Blue explores these questions he found plenty of answers, but none that satisfied him. He wanted answers that were true to Scripture and true to a loving and just God. His search into the Bible and into the ministry of healing has produced a rich and very human book.
Here is a book for everyone who has ever prayed for a sick friend.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Rediscovering the Ministry of Healing
Part I: Clearing the Ground of Theological Hindrances
1. Sanctification through Sickness
2. Divine Determinism
3. Faith Formula
4. The Secular World View
Part II: The Kingdom of God and the Fight to Heal
5. God Desires to Heal the Sick
6. The Assault of the Kingdom of God
7. The Fight Is Real
8. Our Faith in the Fight
9. The Victory Present and Future
Part III: Beginning a Healing Ministry
10. Models of Healing
11. Getting Started
12. Wholeness and Healing in Three Dimensions
13. Obedience and Authority to Heal
Dr. Ken Blue (D.Min, Fuller Theological Seminary, MCS, Regent College) is a principal consultant with the CoNavigant Group and a popular conference speaker. For the past 25 years, Dr. Blue has helped organizations to change the way people are led and he has helped countless people dramatically improve their lives. He is known for moving audiences with powerful, provocative, and practical insights that are rooted in timeless principles.Ken is the author of several best-selling books that have been translated into over twenty languages. His published works include Authority to Heal, Church Discipline That Heals, and Healing Spiritual Abuse.. After serving as a missionary in Communist East Europe, where he was imprisoned, Dr. Blue planted several churches in Canada, while establishing a mission to street kids in Vancouver. In 2001, Ken resigned as senior pastor of a church in San Diego that he had planted 12 years earlier. Since then, Ken has spent the majority of his time bringing these valued insights and counsel to a theologically and financially impoverished Church. In addition, he is a five-time All American who set both American and world records in swimming and was selected for the 1968 U.S. Olympic Training Team in Modern Pentathlon. Both his academic and athletic careers taught Dr. Blue that our success in largely determined by our habits of thought. Ken has spent his subsequent years teaching and counseling others to develop and re-develop these habits.
- Introduction: Rediscovering The Ministry Of Healing
- <strong>part I: Clearing The Ground Of Theological Hindrances</strong>
- 1. Sanctification Through Sickness
- 2. Divine Determinism
- 3. Faith Formula
- 4. The Secular World View
- <strong>part Ii: The Kingdom Of God And The Fight To Heal</strong>
- 5. God Desires To Heal The Sick
- 6. The Assault Of The Kingdom Of God
- 7. The Fight Is Real
- 8. Our Faith In The Fight
- 9. The Victory Present And Future
- <strong>part Iii: Beginning A Healing Ministry</strong>
- 10. Models Of Healing
- 11. Getting Started
- 12. Wholeness And Healing In Three Dimensions
- 13. Obedience And Authority To Heal