Becoming An Ordinary Mystic: Spirituality For the Rest of Us
:I should be further along on the spiritual journey. Why don't I see any progress? What am I doing wrong? Do you ever feel like you are walking in spiritual circles? While we might think it would be different...
Available Now.7 Available
You may also like
:I should be further along on the spiritual journey. Why don't I see any progress? What am I doing wrong? Do you ever feel like you are walking in spiritual circles? While we might think it would be different for a Franciscan priest, Father Albert Haase shares the same struggles. And yet he also affirms that we are all called to be ordinary mystics, who, in the words of his own spiritual director, are "ordinary Christians who do what we are all called to do: respond to grace." Learning to be a mystic is about cultivating a life with God in which we draw close, listen, and respond moment to moment. We know we will fail at times, but we can also be certain that we follow a God who never stops reaching out to us. This book offers a daily path to making the connection.
Albert Haase, O.F.M., (Ph.D., Fordham University) is adjunct professor of spirituality at Catholic Theological Union in Chicago, Illinois. He is also the director of the School of Spirituality at Mayslake Ministries in Westmont, Illinois.
He is the author of Enkindled: Holy Spirit, Holy Gifts (with Bridget Haase, O.S.U.); Instruments of Christ: Reflections on the Peace Prayer of Francis of Assisi; Coming Home to Your True Self: Leaving the Emptiness of False Attractions; Living the Lord's Prayer: The Way of the Disciple and This Sacred Moment: Becoming Holy Right Where You Are. He is a former missionary to mainland China.
Koorong -Editorial Review.
- 1. Right Here, Right Now: Mindfulness Breeds Mysticism
- 2. What’s Missing? Self-awareness Sabotages Sin
- 3. Jesus The Electrician: The Practical Mysticism Of The Sermon On The Mount
- 4. Cardiac Spirituality: The Fruit Of Mysticism
- 5. Insides Out: The Invitation To Transparency
- 6. A Finicky God: Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
- 7. Groping In The Dark: Walking By Faith, Not Sight
- 8. Challenging The Ego: Forgiving God, Myself, And Others
- 9. Inspired By Jesus: Rediscovering God
- 10. Life, Words, Silence, And Action: The Surprise Of Mystical Prayer
- 11. Ears To The Ground: Listening To God
- 12. Practical Practices: Responding To God
- 13. Staying Awake: Mindful Living