Canoeing the Mountains: Christian Leadership in Uncharted Territory
: 14th Annual Outreach Magazine Resource of the Year, Leadership Explorers Lewis and Clark had to adapt. While they had prepared to find a waterway to the Pacific Ocean, instead they found themselves in the Rocky Mountains. You...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
14th Annual Outreach Magazine Resource of the Year, Leadership
Explorers Lewis and Clark had to adapt. While they had prepared to find a waterway to the Pacific Ocean, instead they found themselves in the Rocky Mountains. You too may feel that you are leading in a cultural context you were not expecting. You may even feel that your training holds you back more often than it carries you along. Drawing from his extensive experience as a pastor and consultant, Tod Bolsinger brings decades of expertise in guiding churches and organizations through uncharted territory. He offers a combination of illuminating insights and practical tools to help you reimagine what effective leadership looks like in our rapidly changing world. If you're going to scale the mountains of ministry, you need to leave behind canoes and find new navigational tools. Now expanded with a study guide, this book will set you on the right course to lead with confidence and courage.
Tod E. Bolsinger is senior pastor of San Clemente Presbyterian Church in San Clemente, California, where he lives with his wife and two children.
- <strong>part 1: Understanding Uncharted Territory</strong>
- 1. Seminary Didn't Prepare Me For This
- 2. Adventure Or Die
- 3. A Leadership Model For Uncharted Territory
- <strong>part 2: On-the-map Skill Set</strong>
- 4. Competence And Credibility
- 5. Preparing For The Unknown
- 6. Eating Strategy For Breakfast
- <strong>part 3: Leading Off The Map</strong>
- 7. Navigating The "geography Of Reality"
- 8. My Italian Grandfather Was Killing Me
- 9. Don't Just Do Something, Stand There . . . Then Do Something
- 10. The Mission Trumps!
- 11. Take A Good Look Into The Coffin
- <strong>part 4: Relationships And Resistance</strong>
- 12. Gus And Hal Go To Church
- 13. Et Tu, Church?
- <strong>part 5: Transformation</strong>
- 14. How A Nursing Mother Saved America
- 15. The End Of Our Exploring
- Epilogue: Taking The Hill With Grandma
- Study Guide