Casting Crowns' first single raced to #1 on US Christian Radio, and this album jumped straight into Billboard's Top 10. Beautifully crafted songs with touching lyrics aimed at encouraging the Church to impact the world for Christ. Casting Crowns *...
In Stock29 available
You May Also Like
Casting Crowns' first single raced to #1 on US Christian Radio, and this album jumped straight into Billboard's Top 10. Beautifully crafted songs with touching lyrics aimed at encouraging the Church to impact the world for Christ.
* Began: 1999
* Band Members: Hector Cervantes, Juan Devevo, Melodee Devevo, Megan Garrett, Mark Hall, Chris Huffman, Andy Williams
* Origin: Atlanta, Georgia
* Distinctions: Five members of this eight-piece band began playing together as a student worship band in Daytona Beach, Florida. Frontman Mark Hall has a passion for youth ministry and has been a youth pastor for 12 years. The band doesn't shy away from sharing challenging and uncompromising lyrics, aimed at helping people see that "Jesus is not a religion and God is not a book." - Mark Hall.
:The debut release from Atlanta's own Casting Crowns is a powerful collection of contemporary rock and worship with strong vocal harmonies and positive, uplifting lyrics. This stellar album earned the band several Dove awards in 2005, including lofty honors for Songwriter, Group, and Song of the Year, in addition to others. Features the smash hits 'Who Am I?', 'If We Are the Body', 'What If His People Prayed', and more.
1. What If His People Prayed
- 1. What If His People PrayedCasting Crowns0:59
- 2. If We Are The BodyCasting Crowns0:59
- 3. Voice Of TruthCasting Crowns0:59
- 4. Who Am ICasting Crowns0:59
- 5. American DreamCasting Crowns0:59
- 6. Here I Go AgainCasting Crowns0:59
- 7. Praise You With The DanceCasting Crowns0:59
- 8. GloryCasting Crowns0:59
- 9. Life Of PraiseCasting Crowns0:59
- 10. Your Love Is ExtravagantCasting Crowns0:59
Since its launch in 2003 Casting Crowns has garnered 14 GMA Dove Awards, three GRAMMY Awards and an American Music Award. In addition, the band has seen three RIAA Platinum Albums (Casting Crowns, Lifesong, Altar and The Door) , two RIAA Platinum DVDs (Live From Atlanta and Lifesong Live), two RIAA Gold Albums (Until the Whole World Hears, Peace on Earth) and two Gold DVDs (Altar and The Door Live and Until The Whole World Hears Live). Casting Crowns has sold more than 8.2 million albums to date (according to Nielsen SoundScan) and has been named Billboard magazine's top-selling Christian act for the past four years.
The band recently celebrated its first RIAA certified Gold single, "Who Am I," from its 2003 self-titled debut. The song, selling more than 500,000 copies, is one of only 12 Christian tracks ever to secure Gold status.
Casting Crowns has always worked its tour schedule around church responsibilities and has still managed to touch audiences around the world with its live performances. It's 2009-2011 "Until The Whole World Hears" world tour placed the band in front nearly 1 million fans in more than 175 cities around the world including performances for U. S. troops in Kuwait and Qatar. The band also performed twice in North Koreain partnership with Global Resource Services.
Over the past eight years, Atlanta based Casting Crowns has consistently delivered music that points believers back to what truly matters. They continue to deliver passionate, thought-provoking music, yet these songs are among the most intensely personal offerings the group has ever shared.
"As a believer, all of your life has to stem from what you draw from," says Casting Crowns frontman and principal songwriter, Mark Hall. "If you're drawing from a marriage, you're in trouble because that person wasn't created to complete you. If you are trying to draw from a career, you're in trouble. If you are trying to draw from your strengths, strengths come and go. All these things are really holes, not wells. Jesus is the well."
Remembering that simple, but powerful, truth has served Hall and his bandmates (Megan Garrett, Melodee DeVevo, Hector Cervantes, Chris Huffman, Juan DeVevo and Brian Scoggin) well, particularly over the last few years as they've juggled faith, family, music and ministry. Even as Casting Crowns has become Christian music's most successful act, Hall and his fellow band members have continued working at their home churches. Hall has remained a youth pastor at Eagles Landing Baptist Church as the band's music ministry has gained global acclaim.