Celebrating Christian Marriage
The interest in marriage and the future of marriage is urgent and increasing. This collection of expert research, analysis and discussion may be the most significant ever assembled on this subject. There are contributions from different continents and cultures; from...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 6 to 7 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
The interest in marriage and the future of marriage is urgent and increasing. This collection of expert research, analysis and discussion may be the most significant ever assembled on this subject. There are contributions from different continents and cultures; from Roman Catholic, Protestant, Anglican and Orthodox traditions; from theologians and many other professionals - including historians, social theorists, sex therapists, lawyers, psychiatrists and demographers - all in conversation with the idea of Christian marriage.There are introductions to each topical section by Adrian Thatcher: Marriage at the Start of the Millennium, Beginning Marriage, Love and Marriage, The Marriage Relationship, Children and Marriage, Single-Sex Marriage, Ending Marriage - Roman Catholic Perspectives, Ending Marriage - Anglican Perspectives.
Adrian Thatcher is Professor of Applied Theology at the University College of St Mark and St John in Plymouth, England.
- Section 1 - Marriage At The Start Of The New Millenium: The World
- Situation Of Families - Marriage Reformation As A Cultural Work, Don
- Marriage, And The Second Demographic Transition In Europe - A Review,
- Duncan Dormor. Section 2 - Beginning Marriage: The Case For Betrothal, Reg
- Living Together Before Marriage - The Theological And Pastoral
- Opportunities, Adrian Thatcher
- A Holistic, Parish-based Marriage-ministry, Philip Newman. Section 3 -
- Love And Marriage: Water Into Wine, And Eros Into Agape - Marriage In The
- Orthodox Church, Stavros S. Fotiou
- Marriage And The Church: Theological Reflections On An Underrated
- Relationship, Thomas Knieps-port Le Roi
- Sacred Love - Religion, Marriage And L'amour Fou, Philip A. Mellor.
- Section 4 - The Marriage Relationship: The Marriage Education Movement - A
- Theological Analysis, John Wall
- Factors Which Contribute To Marital Difficulties, Jack Dominion
- The So-called Male Mid-life Crisis And Marriage, George Lotter
- Lifetime As A Virtue - Changes In Marriage Over Time, Aldegonde
- Marriage - Haven Or Hell? - Twin Souls And Broken Bones, Lisa Isherwood.
- Section 5 - Children And Marriage: Obligation Or Option? Marriage,
- Voluntary Childlessness And The Church, Helen Stanton
- Welcome The Pied Piper, Jon Davies. Section 6 - Single-sex Marriage: Is
- Lesbian Or Gay Marriage An Oxymoron? A Critical Review Of The Contemporary
- Debate, Elizabeth Stuart
- Single Sex Marriage? A Rite For Blessing Friendship In Traditional
- Christianity, Alan Bray. Section 7 - Ending Marriage - Roman Catholic
- Perspectives: Marriage Nullity In The Catholic Church - Not Every Wedding
- Produces A Marriage, Paul Robbins
- Theology And Reality - Impasse Or New Horizons?, Cathy Molloy
- Faithful And Free - Marriage In The Catholic Church, Timothy J. Buckley
- Marriage, Divorce, And Personal Commitments, Margaret A. Farley
- Section 8 - Ending Marriage - Anglican Perspectives: Marriage, Marriage
- After Divorce, And The Church Of England - Seeking Coherent Teaching And
- Consistent Practice, Michael Scott-joynt
- Contract Or Communion? A Dilemma For The Church Of England, Timothy J.
- The Christian Claims Of The English Law Of Marriage, C.c.a. Pearce
- Mystical Union - Legal And Theological Perspectives On Marriage,
- Jacqueline Humphreys And Simon J. Taylor
- Idolatry And Pragmatism: The Sanctity Of Marriage And The Mothers' Union
- 1876-1976, Cordelia Moyse
- Why Was Jesus A Pastor To The Divorced? The Social Background To Mark 10
- And Matthew 19, Greg Forster.