Children and Their Families
This text explores the major issues likely to be faced by teachers, social workers and health workers in Australia in the face of economic crisis, changing social patterns and uncertainty about the future. Topics covered include marriage and divorce, poverty,...
Unavailable. Out of Print. Only available while stock lasts.Out of Print
You may also like
This text explores the major issues likely to be faced by teachers, social workers and health workers in Australia in the face of economic crisis, changing social patterns and uncertainty about the future. Topics covered include marriage and divorce, poverty, abuse, adoption, immigrant and Aboriginal families, and legal issues.;Freda Briggs is also the author of Why My Child?
Australian society is changing rapidly. Families are under pressure to adapt to new social mores, difficult economic circumstances and ever-shifting government policy. How well do they cope? What happens to the children when they don't? Children and Families explores a range of issues faced by Australian families in the 1990s including: . the effects of poverty and divorce on children . changes to adoption legislation . new roles for fathers . working with Aboriginal children . the effects of television and consumerism . dangerous families Children and Families is essential reading for students and professionals in child care, education, welfare, health, community work and social work.
- The Changing Family, Freda Briggs
- Fathers In Families, Barry E. Burdon
- Children And Families In Multicultural Australia, Jim Harvey
- Working With Aboriginal Children And Their Families, Anne Scheppers
- Child And Family Poverty In The "lucky Country", Freda Briggs
- When Parents Can Not Provide Care For Their Children, Colleen A.
- Legal Issues - The Welfare Of And Responsibility For Children Under The
- Law In Australia, John Carmichael And Rick Sarre
- Dangerous Families, Marie J. O'neill
- Born To Shop - Children And Consumer Capitalism, Beryl Langer
- Much To View About Nothing, Glenn Cupit.