Honorable Mention for Classic Christian Spirituality, from Byron Borger, Hearts and Minds Bookstore"Three things will last forever-faith, hope, and love-and the greatest of these is love."-1 Corinthians 13:13What are the pathways that lead us to God? This is a book...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
Honorable Mention for Classic Christian Spirituality, from Byron Borger, Hearts and Minds Bookstore"Three things will last forever-faith, hope, and love-and the greatest of these is love."-1 Corinthians 13:13What are the pathways that lead us to God? This is a book about what happens when we find those pathways. You will discover the values and virtues that grow out of our experiences, and practices that encourage us to be with God in specific ways. Spiritual director Helen Cepero writes: "I've seen that when I reflect on my own life experiences, when I am alert to God's presence, and alive to Christ's love, I grow as a Christ follower, and as a human being living in God's world. This book is an invitation for you not to follow me, but follow Jesus into the stories of your own life. You too, will need to wake up and be willing to walk ... through your own life."We will follow the journey to God by beginning with three ways of love, then three ways of continuing in faith and lastly, three ways of living in hope. These nine pathways will lead you more deeply into life with Christ.
Helen Cepero (M.Div., North Park University) is director of spiritual formation at North Park Theological Seminary. She is also a retreat leader and spiritual director. She has published a number of articles and an essay in the book In Spirit and in Truth and has authored Journaling as a Spiritual Practice.
- Honorable Mention For Classic Christian Spirituality, From Byron Borger, Hearts And Minds Bookstore"three Things Will Last Forever-faith, Hope, And Love-and The Greatest Of These Is Love."-1 Corinthians 13:13what Are The Pathways That Lead Us To God? This Is A Book About What Happens When We Find Those Pathways. You Will Discover The Values And Virtues That Grow Out Of Our Experiences, And Practices That Encourage Us To Be With God In Specific Ways. Spiritual Director Helen Cepero Writes: "i've Seen That When I Reflect On My Own Life Experiences, When I Am Alert To God's Presence, And Alive To Christ's Love, I Grow As A Christ Follower, And As A Human Being Living In God's World. This Book Is An Invitation For You Not To Follow Me, But Follow Jesus Into The Stories Of Your Own Life. You Too, Will Need To Wake Up And Be Willing To Walk ... Through Your Own Life."we Will Follow The Journey To God By Beginning With Three Ways Of Love, Then Three Ways Of Continuing In Faith And Lastly, Three Ways Of Living In Hope. These Nine Pathways Will Lead You More Deeply Into Life With Christ.
- <strong>part I: Choosing Love</strong>
- 1. Choosing Life&mdash;living As God’s Beloved2. Compassionate Hospitality&mdash;choosing The Other3. Forgiving As We Are Forgiven&mdash;loving The Unlovable
- <strong>part Ii: Choosing Faith</strong>
- 4. Following Jesus&mdash;learning The Language Of Desire5. Embracing Vulnerability&mdash;finding Strength In Weakness6. Living With Integrity&mdash;sustaining A Life Of Commitment
- <strong>part Iii: Choosing Hope</strong>
- 7. Paying Attention&mdash;watching For God8. Seeing Blessing&mdash;living Into Possibility9. Trusting In Christ&mdash;improvising A Lifeappendix 1: Journeying Together Along The Pathway Of Love, Faith And Hopeappendix 2: Bibliographynotes