Church 3.0: Upgrades For the Future of the Church
"In this comprehensive labor of love, Neil brings his wonderfully unique, home-grown, and organic insights to bear on what it means to reawaken a movement ethos in the twenty-first century church. Nothing less than the spontaneous expansion of the church...
Available Now.3 Available
You may also like
"In this comprehensive labor of love, Neil brings his wonderfully unique, home-grown, and organic insights to bear on what it means to reawaken a movement ethos in the twenty-first century church. Nothing less than the spontaneous expansion of the church is being considered here. This is perhaps the book that Neil was born to write."
- Alan Hirsch, author, The Forgotten Ways, and coauthor, Untamed, The Shaping of Things to Come, reJesus, and The Forgotten Ways Handbook
"Church 3.0 is an all-in-one compass, survival manual, tool kit, leadership agenda, and imagineering workshop. It is a treasure trove that distributes the wealth of Neil Cole's rich experience and insight. I cannot imagine trying to navigate without it."
- Reggie McNeal, author, Missional Renaissance
"Neil Cole is one of only a handful of people in the West uniquely qualified to write about church multiplication movements from an insider perspective. His extensive, hands-on experience in reproducing movements of healthy disciples, leaders, and churches has enabled him to not only ask the right questions, but also to develop and field test the principles that cause these organic movements to occur. Essential reading for anyone with a passion for extending God's Kingdom beyond the confines of the church walls."
- Felicity Dale, member, board of directors, House2House; author, An Army of Ordinary People; and coauthor, The Rabbit and the Elephant
"Neil has done it again. Church 3.0 is the first book focused on the big picture of releasing healthy church movements. In my work in this season of life, I am committed to releasing the body of Christ to be the Church, and Neil's book will serve as a strong guide to assist leaders in getting there."
- Bob Buford, founder, Leadership Network, and author, Halftime and Finishing Well
"Neil Cole is the real deal. We've all known his passion for church multiplication. In Church 3.0, he moves from passion to practice, laying out a vision that is challenging, and compelling. He will challenge everyone who loves the church and its mission."
- Ed Stetzer, president, LifeWay Research
An expert practitioner answers to questions about the burgeoning organic church movement
Neil Cole's best-selling book Organic Church described the fastest growing segment of contemporary Christianity-the so-called organic church. Now in this next-step book, he answers questions about how to deal with theological and organizational issues that come up. He talks about issues such has what to do with finances, children, heresy, leader training, and rituals and ordinances. Without the top-down structure of a denomination, even people who are proponents of this small, house-church model worry that they are not doing it right.
Offers an important resource for anyone involved with or thinking of starting an organic or house church Addresses practical issues of theology, rituals, doctrinal heresy, how to handle children, finances, and other important questions Written by an acknowledged expert who is now and has been for over twenty years an organic church planter and practitioner A new Leadership Network title and follow-up to Organic Church
Church 3.0 offers solid information about organic churches based on Cole's extensive experience in starting, nurturing, and mentoring in the organic church movement.
Neil Cole is the founder and executive director of Church Multiplication Associates, which has helped start more than a thousand churches around the world. He is seen by many to be one of the key founders of what is known as the organic- or simple-church movement. Cole is the author or coauthor of several books, including Organic Church, Search & Rescue: Becoming a Disciple Who Makes a Difference, Growing Faith where Life Happens. and Cultivating a Life for God. He lives in Southern California with his wife, Dana, and their three children, Heather, Erin, and Zach, and his latest book is Organic Leadership.
- About Leadership Network Foreword. Preface. Acknowledgments. Introduction: What About This Book? Shifting From Church 2.0 To 3.0. Part One: Global Changes Demand A Better Church. 1. What About The World We Live In? From A Village Church To A Global Village. 2. What About Our Changing Culture? From Ministry In A Modern World To Postmodern. Part Two: Structural Issues. 3. What About The Church's Mission? From Coming To Going. 4. What About Church Growth? From Incremental To Exponential. 5. What About Church Models? Part One: From Congregations To Networks. 6. What About Church Models? Part Two: From Centralized To Decentralized. 7. What About Larger Gatherings? From One-size-fits-all To Tailored Groups For Effective Function. Part Three: Pragmatic Concerns. 8. What About Evangelism? From Drawing Converts To Catalyzing Movements. 9. What About Baptism And Communion? From Sacerdotal Rituals To Apostolic Genius. 10. What About Kids? From A Scholastic Model To A Spiritual Family. 11. What About Heresy? From Better-trained Pastors To Better-trained People. 12. What About Finances? From Ten Percent To The Whole Enchilada. Conclusion: What About My Church? From Being Educated To Being. Empowered. Notes. The Author. Index.