Classic in Spirtual Formation: Gregory of Nyssa (Classics In Spiritual Formation Series)
As part of the Classics in Spiritual Formation, the sermons of Gregory of Nyssa offer a contemporary rendering of ancient spiritual wisdom for today's readers. Begin with the introduction, which provides the context and background, and then dive into the...
Unavailable. Out of Print. Only available while stock lasts.Out of Print
You may also like
As part of the Classics in Spiritual Formation, the sermons of Gregory of Nyssa offer a contemporary rendering of ancient spiritual wisdom for today's readers. Begin with the introduction, which provides the context and background, and then dive into the text, translated and paraphrased Michael Glerup from the original languages. You'll also find helpful callouts that show how the work relates to your personal spiritual formation and clarify unfamiliar ideas. Don't miss this unique opportunity to interact with the work of some of Christianity's great spiritual formation teachers and experience true spiritual transformation.
Mike Glerup (Ph.D., Drew University) serves as the Operational Manager for the Ancient Christian Texts Series, a twelve volume series making available previously untranslated patristic commentaries and as the Research & Acquisitions Director for the Ancient Christian Commentary Series.
He has edited Commentaries on Genesis 1-3 (Ancient Christian Texts); Ezekiel, Daniel (Old Testament Volume 13, Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture), and His column Ancient Christian Wisdom for a Post-modern Age appears regularly in the journal Conversations. Mike and his wife, Kate, serve as the Directors of Spiritual Formation for Breckenridge Christian Ministries, a missional community located in Breckenridge, Colorado.
- Foreward By Jonathan Wilson-hargrove
- Sermon I: Blessed Are The Poor In Spirit, For Theirs Is The Kingdom Of Heaven.
- Sermon 2: Blessed Are The Meek, For They Will Inherit The Earth.
- Sermon 3: Blessed Are Those Who Mourn, For They Will Be Comforted.
- Sermon 4: Blessed Are They That Hunger And Thirst After Justice: For They Shall Have Their Fill.
- Sermon 5: Blessed Are The Merciful, For They Will Be Shown Mercy.
- Sermon 6: Blessed Are The Pure In Heart, For They Will See God.
- Sermon 7: Blessed Are The Peacemakers, For They Will Be Called Sons Of God
- Sermon 8: Blessed Are Those Who Are Persecuted Because Of Righteousness, For Theirs Is The
- Kingdom Of Heaven.
- Discussion Questions