Come Down O Love Divine
An unusual collection of modern and traditional songs, but all with modern arrangements; plus some instrumental tracks. It is varied but always gentle and very uplifting. There is plenty of instrumentation but the recordings do not get crowded nor is...
UnavailableOut of Print
You may also like
An unusual collection of modern and traditional songs, but all with modern arrangements; plus some instrumental tracks. It is varied but always gentle and very uplifting. There is plenty of instrumentation but the recordings do not get crowded nor is anything lost. The quality of recording and mixing is superb, the vocals are clear and never buried, and instrumentation remains crisp.
1. Kyrie I
- 1. Kyrie IFernando Ortega0:59
- 2. Kyrie IiFernando Ortega0:59
- 3. Just As I AmFernando Ortega0:59
- 4. TrisagionFernando Ortega0:59
- 5. Ruby's Advent SongFernando Ortega0:59
- 6. DoxologyFernando Ortega0:59
- 7. The King Of Love My Shepherd IsFernando Ortega0:59
- 8. The Good ShepherdFernando Ortega0:59
- 9. Come Down O Love DivineFernando Ortega0:59
- 10. The God Of Abraham PraiseFernando Ortega0:59
- 11. Our Great GodFernando Ortega0:59
- 12. SanctusFernando Ortega0:59
- 13. Of The Father's Love BegottenFernando Ortega0:59
- 14. Aaron's BlessingFernando Ortega0:59
Classically trained as a pianist but also steeped in the Hispanic tradition of his New Mexico homeland, gospel singer/songwriter Fernando Ortega recorded more than a half-dozen LPs for various labels before signing to Myrrh/Word in 1997, as part of a Christian musical renaissance which saw a variety of musical traditions entering the liturgies of mainline churches. An aficionado of American and Irish folk as well as the Spanish-oriented music he grew up with, Ortega also studied early music and hymns as part of his education. He recorded on his own for several years before signing to Myrrh, and worked with producer John Andrew Schreiner for his major-label debut, 1998's This Bright Hour. Home followed two years later.
Bio by John Bush, www.allmusic.com. Accessed 02.04.14