Have you experienced an ongoing trial that left you wrung out emotionally? Do you feel alone in your pain? Though suffering often leaves us feeling isolated, God invites us into the community of the Trinity and offers us many companions...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
Have you experienced an ongoing trial that left you wrung out emotionally? Do you feel alone in your pain? Though suffering often leaves us feeling isolated, God invites us into the community of the Trinity and offers us many companions in Scripture. We experience loneliness alongside the exiled Israelites. We journey with David as he pleads to God for rescue. With Asaph we confess our unbelief. With Job we learn to lament. With Mary and Martha we learn to wait. In God's community, there is sweet fellowship, even in the hardest of circumstances. Journey in these pages with Wendy Alsup through her story of suffering, and more importantly, with the God who walks with us in the wilderness. This warm and contemplative book also includes a helpful appendix for those who companion a suffering loved one.
WENDY HORGER ALSUPenjoys teaching theology to hundreds of women. Alsup resides in Seattle with her husband, Andy, and two young children.
Trillia Newbell is director of community outreach for the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention. A frequent conference speaker, her writing has appeared in Christianity Today, Desiring God, The Gospel Coalition, and more. Her books include Enjoy, Fear and Faith, United, and God's Very Good Idea. She and her family live near Nashville.
- Have You Experienced An Ongoing Trial That Left You Wrung Out Emotionally? Do You Feel Alone In Your Pain? Though Suffering Often Leaves Us Feeling Isolated, God Invites Us Into The Community Of The Trinity And Offers Us Many Companions In Scripture. We Experience Loneliness Alongside The Exiled Israelites. We Journey With David As He Pleads To God For Rescue. With Asaph We Confess Our Unbelief. With Job We Learn To Lament. With Mary And Martha We Learn To Wait. In God's Community, There Is Sweet Fellowship, Even In The Hardest Of Circumstances. Journey In These Pages With Wendy Alsup Through Her Story Of Suffering, And More Importantly, With The God Who Walks With Us In The Wilderness. This Warm And Contemplative Book Also Includes A Helpful Appendix For Those Who Companion A Suffering Loved One.
- 1 On The Outside Looking In
- 2 Our Suffering Savior
- 3 Fellowship Of The Suffering
- 4 Pleading For Rescue
- 5 Help My Unbelief
- 6 Ambiguous Loss
- 7 Learning To Lament
- 8 Finding Rest
- 9 Waiting On Jesus
- 10 Fellowship With The Cloud Of Witnesses
- 11 Fellowship With The Rock
- Conclusion: Limping Forward
- Appendix: Offering Companionship To The Suffering
- Suggested Reading
- Scripture Index