Conformed to His Image: Biblical, Practical Approaches to Spiritual Formation
: A Comprehensive, Balanced, and Applicable Guide to Spiritual Growth. What does a real relationship with God look like? What does the biblical vision of true spiritual life look like? How do we grow in spiritual maturity? How we...
Pre-OrderExpected to ship September 2020 from Australia.
You may also like
A Comprehensive, Balanced, and Applicable Guide to Spiritual Growth.
What does a real relationship with God look like? What does the biblical vision of true spiritual life look like? How do we grow in spiritual maturity? How we answer these questions influence the health, potency, and witness of Christians in an increasingly complex and hostile world.
Conformed to His Image answers these questions with clarity and insight, offering a comprehensive, balanced, and applicable guide to spiritual growth. Designed for use in college and seminary courses, this revised edition of the widely used textbook helps readers build their lives on a fully biblical perspective. It offers corrective to our tendency to pick and compartmentalize spiritual growth by exploring twelve facets of authentic Christian spirituality including:
Relational Spirituality: Loving God Completely, Ourselves Correctly, and Other Compassionately Paradigm Spirituality: Cultivating an Eternal versus a Temporal Perspective Disciplined Spirituality: Engaging in the Historical Disciplines Exchanged Life Spirituality: Grasping Our True Identity in Christ Motivated Spirituality: A Set of Biblical Incentives Devotional Spirituality: Falling in Love with God Holistic Spirituality: Every Component of Life under the Lordship of Christ Process Spirituality: Process versus Product, Being versus Doing Spirit-Filled Spirituality: Walking in the Power of the Spirit Warfare Spirituality: The World, the Flesh, and the Devil Nurturing Spirituality: A Lifestyle of Evangelism and Discipleship Corporate Spirituality: Encouragement, Accountability, and Worship
With chapter overviews and objectives, questions for personal application, a glossary, and a list of key terms, Conformed to His Image provides a defining text for the student, pastor, and church leader of today and tomorrow. This revised edition includes new recommended resources throughout, more recent examples of subjects discussed, and updated wording to better reflect our postmodern context.
Kenneth D. Boa (Ph.D., New York University; D.Phil., University of Oxford in England) is engaged in a ministry of relational evangelism and discipleship, teaching, writing, and speaking.
Dr. Boa is the President of Reflections Ministries, an organization that seeks to encourage, teach, and equip people to know Christ, follow Him, become progressively conformed to His image, and reproduce His life in others. He is also President of Trinity House Publishers, a publishing company that is dedicated to the creation of tools that will help people manifest eternal values in a temporal arena by drawing them to intimacy with God and a better understanding of the culture in which they live.
Recent publications by Dr. Boa include Conformed to His Image; 20 Compelling Evidences that God Exists; Face to Face; Augustine to Freud; Faith Has its Reasons; and God, I Dont Understand. He is a contributing editor to The Open Bible and the consulting editor of the Zondervan NASB Study Bible.
- :annotated Contents
- Introduction: A Gem With Many Facets
- Facet 1: Relational Spirituality
- 1. Relational Spirituality: Loving God Completely
- 2. Relational Spirituality: Loving Ourselves Correctly
- 3. Relational Spirituality: Loving Others Compassionately
- Facet 2: Paradigm Spirituality
- 4. Paradigm Spirituality: Life Is A Journey, But Where Are We Going?
- 5. Paradigm Spirituality: Can We Trust God?
- Facet 3: Disciplined Spirituality
- 6. Discliplined Spirituality: Dependence And Discipline
- 7. Disciplined Spirituality: What Are The Spiritual Disciplines?
- Facet 4: Exchanged Life Spirituality
- 8. Exchanged Life Spirituality: Grasping Our True Identity In Christ
- 9. Exchanged Life Spirituality: God’s Plan To Meet Our Needs
- Facet 5: Motivated Spirituality
- 10. Motivated Spirituality: Why Do We Do What We Do?
- 11. Motivated Spirituality: Love, Gratitude, And Rewards
- 12. Motivated Spirituality: Identity, Purpose And Hope, And Longing For God
- Facet 6: Devotional Spirituality
- 13. Devotional Spirituality: Our Image Of God
- 14. Devotional Spirituality: The Contemplative Way
- 15. Devotional Spirituality: The Practice Of Sacred Reading
- 16. Devotional Spirituality: Falling In Love With God
- Facet 7: Holistic Spirituality
- 17. Holistic Spirituality: The Centrality Of Christ
- 18. Holistic Spirituality: An Integrated Life
- 19. Holistic Spirituality: Relationships, Work, And Society
- 20. Holistic Spirituality: Stewardship And Purpose
- Facet 8: Process Spirituality
- 21. Process Spirituality: Process Versus Product
- 22. Process Spirituality: Being Versus Doing
- 23. Process Spirituality: Trust, Gratitude, And Contentment
- Facet 9: Spirit-filled Spirituality
- 24. Spirit-filled Spirituality: Walking In The Power Of The Spirit
- 25. Spirit-filled Spirituality: The Gifts Of The Spirit
- 26. Spirit-filled Spirituality: Openness And Discernment: A Balance
- Facet 10: Warfare Spirituality
- 27. Warfare Spirituality: Warfare With The Flesh And The World
- 28. Warfare Spirituality: Warfare With The Devil And His Angels
- 29. Warfare Spirituality: The Weapons Of Our Warfare
- Facet 11: Nurturing Spirituality
- 30. Nurturing Spirituality: A Philosophy Of Discipleship
- 31. Nurturing Spirituality: The Process, Product, And Context Of Discipleship
- 32. Nurturing Spirituality: A Philosophy Of Evangelism
- 33. Nurturing Spirituality: Overcoming The Barriers To Evangelism
- Facet 12: Corporate Spirituality
- 34. Corporate Spirituality: The Need For Community
- 35. Corporate Spirituality: The Nature And Purpose Of The Church
- 36. Corporate Spirituality: Soul Care, Leadership, Accountability, And Renewall
- Appendix A: The Need For Diversity
- Appendix B: The Richness Of Our Heritage
- Works Cited
- Subject Index
- Scripture Index