Conformed to His Image/ the Servant as His Lord: Lessons on Living Like Jesus
With a precision and clarity that is all too uncommon today, Oswald Chambers delves deeply into the psychology of faith and the conditions of the spiritual life. In two classic works - here in one volume - Chambers offers wise...
In Stock (3 left)3 Available
You may also like
With a precision and clarity that is all too uncommon today, Oswald Chambers delves deeply into the psychology of faith and the conditions of the spiritual life. In two classic works - here in one volume - Chambers offers wise counsel on overcoming failure and embracing authentic discipleship. 224 pages.
Includes 2 Volumes:^Conformed To His Image^The Servant As His Lord
This two-in-one volume guides you out of spiritual failure, frustration, and listlessness and into an authentic Christian life.
Oswald Chambers was born in Aberdeen, Scotland, in 1874. Converted in his teen years under the ministry of Charles Haddon Spurgeon, he studied art and archaeology at the University of Edinburgh before answering a call from God to the Christian ministry. He then studied theology at Dunoon College. From 1906-1910 his career of service took him to the United States and Japan, but the two outstanding periods of his work were as principal of the Bible Training College at Chapham, England (1911-1915), and his ministry to Australian and New Zealand troops as a YMCA chaplain at Zeitoun Egypt during World War I. He died there on November 5, 1917. More than 30 books bear his name, and his best-known book, My Utmost for His Highest, is a Christian classic. - Publisher.
- Publisher's Foreword
- Foreword To The Servant As His Lord
- 1. Conformed To His Image
- *christian Thinking...redemption-man-sin-new Birth-repentance-reality-the Holy Spirit-natural And Personal Life-discovering God-common Christian Thinking
- *the Psychology Of Faith I
- *the Psychology Of Faith Ii
- *the Psychology Of Faith Iii
- *notes On Lamentations
- *duty Of The Heart
- *the Mature Christian
- *perfect Love
- *sacramental Christianity
- *his Certain Knowledge
- *how The Apostle Paul Returns Thanks
- *problemata Mundi
- *a Fatal Error Of Indignant Integrity
- *divine Paradox
- *memory Of Sin In The Saint
- *celebration Or Surrender?
- 2. The Servant As His Lord
- *the Fighting Chance
- *the Soul Of A Christian...soul Satisfaction-god's Searching Of A Sincere Soul-the Need To Be A Christian-characteristics Of The Soul-the Temple Of God-arriving At Myself
- *the Saints In The Disaster Of Worldliness
- *"out Of The Wreck I Rise"
- *the Conditions Of Spiritual Life
- *the Sacrament Of Saints P. 209