Crafting a Rule of Life
Your personal rule of life is a holistic description of the Spirit-empowered rhythms and relationships that create, redeem, sustain and transform the life God invites you to humbly fulfill for Christ's glory. All of us have an unwritten personal rule...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
Your personal rule of life is a holistic description of the Spirit-empowered rhythms and relationships that create, redeem, sustain and transform the life God invites you to humbly fulfill for Christ's glory. All of us have an unwritten personal rule of life. We wake at certain times, get ready for our days in particular ways, use our free time for assorted purposes and practice rhythms of work, hobbies, and worship. There is already a rule in place that you are following. Isn't it time to give up your unwritten rule and prayerfully write one that more closely matches the heartbeat of God? In this practical workbook Stephen A. Macchia looks to St. Benedict as a guide for discovering your own rule of life in community. It is a process that takes time and concerted effort; you must listen to God and discern what he wants you to be and do for his glory. But through the basic disciplines of Scripture, prayer and reflection in a small group context you will be lead forward in a journey toward Christlikeness. The invitation is transformational, so brace yourself for sweet release. By letting go and trusting God, you will receive the gift of life in its fullest and richest form.
Stephen A. Macchia (D.Min., Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary) is founding president of Leadership Transformations, Inc, a ministry which focuses on the spiritual formation needs of leaders and the spiritual discernment processes of leadership teams in local church and parachurch ministry settings nationwide. Previously, Macchia served for 14 years as president of Vision New England, a ministry dedicated to equipping and mobilizing Christ-followers in discipleship and evangelism. Macchia is the author of several books, including, Becoming a Healthy Church (Baker, 1999), Becoming a Healthy Di
- <em>your Personal Rule Of Life Is A Holistic Description Of The Spirit-empowered Rhythms And Relationships That Create, Redeem, Sustain And Transform The Life God Invites You To Humbly Fulfill For Christ's Glory.</em> All Of Us Have An Unwritten Personal Rule Of Life. We Wake At Certain Times, Get Ready For Our Days In Particular Ways, Use Our Free Time For Assorted Purposes And Practice Rhythms Of Work, Hobbies, And Worship. There Is Already A Rule In Place That You Are Following. Isn't It Time To Give Up Your Unwritten Rule And Prayerfully Write One That More Closely Matches The Heartbeat Of God? In This Practical Workbook Stephen A. Macchia Looks To St. Benedict As A Guide For Discovering Your Own Rule Of Life In Community. It Is A Process That Takes Time And Concerted Effort; You Must Listen To God And Discern What He Wants You To Be And Do For His Glory. But Through The Basic Disciplines Of Scripture, Prayer And Reflection In A Small Group Context You Will Be Lead Forward In A Journey Toward Christlikeness. The Invitation Is Transformational, So Brace Yourself For Sweet Release. By Letting Go And Trusting God, You Will Receive The Gift Of Life In Its Fullest And Richest Form.
- Introduction: Crafting A Personal Rule Of Life
- <strong>part One: Framing Your Personal Rule Of Life</strong>
- 1. Roles: What Are My Primary Relationships?
- 2. Gifts: What Are My God-given Gifts, Talents And Temperament?
- 3. Desires: What Are My Deepest Longings And Core Values?
- 4. Vision: What Is The Intentional Passion God Has Planted In Me?
- 5. Mission: What Am I Currently Doing To Pursue My Vision?
- Personal Rule Of Life Statements
- <strong>part Two: Forming Your Personal Rule Of Life</strong>
- 6. Time: Spiritual Priorities
- 7. Trust: Relational Priorities
- 8. Temple: Physical Priorities
- 9. Treasure: Financial Priorities
- 10. Talent: Missional Priorities
- Weaving Together Your Personal Rule Of Life
- <strong>part Three: Fulfilling Your Personal Rule Of Life</strong>
- 11. Commitment To The Body Of Christ
- 12. Context Of A Spiritual Community
- Conclusion: An Invitation To The Well-ordered Way
- Resources For Creating A Communal Rule Of Life
- Suggested Reading On Church History Notables
- Four Individuals Crafting Their Personal Rule Of Life