In his revolutionary book Cross Vision , Gregory A. Boyd proposed his groundbreaking "cruciform hermeneutic," a way for Christians to make sense of the violence of the Old Testament by seeing it through the crucifixion of Jesus. Now Boyd has...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
In his revolutionary book Cross Vision, Gregory A. Boyd proposed his groundbreaking "cruciform hermeneutic," a way for Christians to make sense of the violence of the Old Testament by seeing it through the crucifixion of Jesus. Now Boyd has teamed up with pastor Deacon Godsey to develop this study guide for individuals and groups. Using this guide, readers can work through Cross Vision chapter by chapter, consider various stories from the Bible, and hear from Boyd about questions that have come up since he wrote the book. The Cross Vision Study Guide is an essential aid for anyone wrestling with depictions of a violent God, yet living with faith in a peaceful Christ.
Gregory A. Boyd (Ph.D., Princeton Theological Seminary) is a pastor at Woodland Hills Church in St. Paul, Minnesota. Previously, he was a professor of theology at Bethel College, also in St. Paul. His books include Cynic, Sage or Son of God?, Recovering the Real Jesus in an Age of Revisionist Replies, Letters from a Skeptic, God of the Possible, Repenting of Religion, Seeing is Believing, Escaping the Matrix, Is God to Blame?, and God at War and Satan and the Problem of Evil.
Koorong -Editorial Review.
- <p>introduction<br />
- 1. Week #1: Part I--the Elephant: Calling It Like It Is<br />
- 2. Week #2: Part I--a Cruciform Through-line: The Centrality Of Christ Crucified<br />
- 3. Week #2: Part Ii: Revolting Beauty: Learning To See The Cross As The Key<br />
- Week #3: Building On Tradition: The Old And The New<br />
- 5. Week #4: The Heavenly Missionary: Divine Accommodation<br />
- 6. Week #5: Part I-- Rorschach God: Whose Image Of God Should We Trust?<br />
- 7. Week #5: Part Ii--echoes Of A Pagan Warrior: Reading The Ot In Its Ane Context<br />
- 8. Week #6--divine Aikido: God&acirc;s Nonviolent Judgment<br />
- 9. Week #7: Part I--self-punishing Sin: Divine Abandonment<br />
- 10. Week #7: Part Ii--doing And Allowing: The Dual-speech Pattern Of Scripture<br />
- 11. Week #8: Part I--cosmic War: What&acirc;s Going On Behind The Scenes<br />
- 12. Week #8: Part Ii--creation Undone: The Big-big Picture<br />
- 13. Week #9: Part I--dragon-swallowing-dragon Warfare: How God Wins<br />
- 14. Week #9: Part Ii-misusing Divine Power: Those Temperamental Prophets<br />
- 15. Week #10: Part I--commanding Child Sacrifice: Trusting God In The Midst Of Confusion<br />
- 16. Week #10: Part Ii--four Words Of Encouragement<br />
- Appendix 1: The Cruciform Hermeneutic In Summary<br />
- Appendix 2: Truth Priorities</p>