Crossing Cultures With Jesus
You can be a missionary by crossing an ocean or by crossing the street. We now have unprecedented opportunities to meet people from every culture and nation. International study and global migration allow us to build relationships with Buddhists and...
You May Also Like
You can be a missionary by crossing an ocean or by crossing the street. We now have unprecedented opportunities to meet people from every culture and nation. International study and global migration allow us to build relationships with Buddhists and Muslims, students from Singapore and workers from the Middle East. But how do we share the gospel with people from different cultures and worldviews? Crosscultural evangelism can be scary. But veteran crosscultural minister Katie Rawson shows how we can witness the way Jesus did, entering into people's worlds and drawing them into God-centered community. She equips readers to evangelize Jesus' way, depending on him as companion and guide and venturing out in joy to be and share good news. Filled with compelling stories, practical resources and relational tools, this guide gives crosscultural training and shows how you can share the gospel through story and diagram, with clear communication and authentic community.
- You Can Be A Missionary By Crossing An Ocean Or By Crossing The Street. We Now Have Unprecedented Opportunities To Meet People From Every Culture And Nation. International Study And Global Migration Allow Us To Build Relationships With Buddhists And Muslims, Students From Singapore And Workers From The Middle East. But How Do We Share The Gospel With People From Different Cultures And Worldviews? Crosscultural Evangelism Can Be Scary. But Veteran Crosscultural Minister Katie Rawson Shows How We Can Witness The Way Jesus Did, Entering Into People's Worlds And Drawing Them Into God-centered Community. She Equips Readers To Evangelize Jesus' Way, Depending On Him As Companion And Guide And Venturing Out In Joy To Be And Share Good News. Filled With Compelling Stories, Practical Resources And Relational Tools, This Guide Gives Crosscultural Training And Shows How You Can Share The Gospel Through Story And Diagram, With Clear Communication And Authentic Community.
- <strong>part I: Entering In</strong>
- 2. Keeping In Step With The Spirit3. Praying And Exercising Spiritual Authority4. Developing Trust Relationships5. Examining Worldview Lenses: Log And Specks6. Understanding Value Systems: Honor, Innocence, Joy And Power
- <strong>part Ii: Drawing In</strong>
- 7. Communities That Draw In: Living And Sharing Good News8. Conversion In Community: Five Stages9. Communication That Connects10. Stories That Bring Change: Understanding And Sharing The Gospel11. Making Disciples In Communityconclusion
- Appendix 1: Key Words For Tracing The Four Values In The Bibleappendix 2: Special Considerations And Resources For Ministry Among Chineseappendix 3: Special Considerations And Resources For Ministry Among Muslimsappendix 4: Special Considerations And Resources For Ministry Among Hindusappendix 5: Resources For Helping People Break Free From Personal And Family Bondages