Decade: 2002-2012 the Best of Israel Houghton and New Breed
This essential collection brings together the best songs from multi-Grammy Award winner and cross-cultural worship leader, Israel Houghton. The First Decade highlights the career and brightest songs from Israel Houghton and New Breed who transformed the sound of contemporary worship.This...
Available Now.1 Available
You may also like
This essential collection brings together the best songs from multi-Grammy Award winner and cross-cultural worship leader, Israel Houghton. The First Decade highlights the career and brightest songs from Israel Houghton and New Breed who transformed the sound of contemporary worship.This double disc repertoire has been remixed and remastered and introduces two new songs including the global church anthem "Jesus At The Center Of It All" which is currently being sung by some of the largest congregations around the world including, Hillsong, Lakewood, Free Chapel and others.
1. Friend Of God
- 1. Friend Of GodIsrael Houghton0:59
- 2. Again I Say RejoiceIsrael Houghton0:59
- 3. You Are GoodIsrael Houghton0:59
- 4. We Have OvercomeIsrael Houghton0:59
- 5. Not ForgottenIsrael Houghton0:59
- 6. Who Is Like The LordIsrael Houghton0:59
- 7. New SeasonIsrael Houghton0:59
- 8. Alpha And OmegaIsrael Houghton0:59
- 9. No Limits (enlarge My Territory)Israel Houghton0:59
- 10. To Worship You I Live (away)Israel Houghton0:59
- 11. There's A Lifting Of The HandsIsrael Houghton0:59
- 12. Hosanna (be Lifted Higher)Israel Houghton0:59
- 13. Jesus At The Center (decade Version)Israel Houghton0:59
- 1. Saved By GraceIsrael Houghton0:59
- 2. Just Wanna SayIsrael Houghton0:59
- 3. With Long LifeIsrael Houghton0:59
- 4. Nothing Else MattersIsrael Houghton0:59
- 5. Love God Love PeopleIsrael Houghton0:59
- 6. Going To Another LevelIsrael Houghton0:59
- 7. I Know Who I AmIsrael Houghton0:59
- 8. Say SoIsrael Houghton0:59
- 9. The Power Of One (change The World)Israel Houghton0:59
- 10. You Hold My WorldIsrael Houghton0:59
- 11. If Not For Your GraceIsrael Houghton0:59
- 12. Another BreakthroughIsrael Houghton0:59
- 13. Move Forward (live)Israel Houghton0:59
Israel Houghton is considered a forerunner and architect of cross-cultural worship. He has written hundreds of songs for the church worldwide and is an award-winning producer and arranger. He serves as worship leader at Lakewood Church in Houston with Pastor Joel Osteen. Engaged in full-time ministry since 1989, Israel has touched the hearts of millions across the globe through his anointed, God-inspired music.
With a desire to draw people of all races, ages and cultures together through worship, Israel and New Breed meld sounds and songs to create music that breaks down barriers and defies categorisation. Together with the vocalists and musicians of New Breed, Israel uses his own multi-cultural upbringing as a reference point. "It's not a white sound or black sound, it's a Kingdom sound," explains the songwriter and producer. All the while, this dedicated group of ministers continues to tour extensively and to serve at their local churches.
Israel and New Breed has achieved a synthesis of music and message that is electrifying and activating audiences inside and outside of traditional church walls. Most of their albums have to be recorded before live audiences to capture their singular infectious energy. Leader, singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Israel Houghton has seen his compositions become integral components for progressive now-generation churches.
Israel's story is remarkable in itself. Born biracial in 1971 to a white mother who was disowned by her family and abandoned by the child's father, Israel was given his biblical name from a word she saw repeatedly in the Bible given to her by the woman who ministered to her on the streets of San Diego. Not long after Israel was born she married Henry Houghton and they raised Israel and his three younger siblings in Arizona and New Mexico. An interest in music settled within him early on. "I was the kid in church who jumped on the drums at the end of service and annoyed everybody! But my mom is a phenomenal piano player who taught me the basics. And I learned the guitar on a bet from a guy who didn't think I had the discipline to do it. It was 1986 and I was 15 years old. Our bet was 30 days, and in that time I learned how to play practising every single day. I've always been like that about anything I set my mind to. I've always had this feeling that I'm not here to take up free oxygen. Whatever I'm here to do, I'm going to impact my immediate world and, hopefully, the world at large. It's just inherent."
Israel is modest when it comes to acknowledging his musical gifts but his talent is clear from the sophistication of the chord and rhythm changes to the passion of his vocals. "My parents were pastors in a church in Santa Fe," he shares, "On Saturday nights we would do outreach programs with music and theatre. We'd take pop songs and change the lyrics to be more evangelistic - pop/rock/funky stuff from Journey to Stevie Wonder, though songs like "Don't Stop Believing" and "Love's in Need of Love Today" didn't need much tweaking. The musical training came from elbow grease after school."
"I'm not a phenomenal musician," he insists. "I just make what I know work for me. But what I am good at is relationships - connecting with guys that speak a musical language. I've never been afraid of sharing the spotlight with musicians that are ten times better than me because it's not about me. It's about having a great encounter with God and a great experience."