"God is in the business of raising up leaders." -J. Robert (Bobby) Clinton When good leaders are needed, when the work is urgent, our immediate reaction is to enlist new leaders. Instead we are called to invest in new leaders....
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
"God is in the business of raising up leaders." -J. Robert (Bobby) Clinton When good leaders are needed, when the work is urgent, our immediate reaction is to enlist new leaders. Instead we are called to invest in new leaders. Good leaders are developed in and through slow, deep mentoring. To think otherwise is to embrace the myth of the quick fix. We proceed, instead, by paying careful attention to and joining in the work God is already doing in people's lives. This book is designed to help you know better how to come alongside others as a guide and a friend, to invest in their spiritual formation and leadership. If you want long-term impact on the lives of future leaders, how you guide must be as important as the content you impart. Only then will youl see lifelong change and empowerment in those you mentor. Randy Reese and Robert Loane show you how to make the most of this crucial ministry. They offer a biblically grounded approach that also draws on the research and teaching of Bobby Clinton as well as their own experience in resourcing churches and Christian organizations. Jesus Christ still calls people to become leaders in a lifelong journey of conforming to his image. Join him as you guide others through deep mentoring.
Robert Loane (M.Div., Biola University, Talbot School of Theology) oversees educational design at VantagePoint3, a ministry seeking to foster renewal and maturity in local communities through the development of lifelong approaches to Christian leadership formation.
Randy Reese (Doctor of Missiology, Fuller Theological SeminaRandy Reese (Doctor of Missiology, Fuller Theological Seminary) is president of VantagePoint3, a ministry seeking to fosry) is president of VantagePoint3, a ministry seeking to foster renewal and maturity in local communities through the deter renewal and maturity in local communities through the development of lifelong approaches to Christian leadership forvelopment of lifelong approaches to Christian leadership formation. Reese is also adjunct faculty at Fuller Theological mation. Reese is also adjunct faculty at Fuller Theological A
- "god Is In The Business Of Raising Up Leaders." -j. Robert (bobby) Clinton When Good Leaders Are Needed, When The Work Is Urgent, Our Immediate Reaction Is To <em>enlist</em> New Leaders. Instead We Are Called To <em>invest In</em> New Leaders. Good Leaders Are Developed In And Through Slow, Deep Mentoring. To Think Otherwise Is To Embrace The Myth Of The Quick Fix. We Proceed, Instead, By Paying Careful Attention To And Joining In The Work God Is Already Doing In People's Lives. This Book Is Designed To Help You Know Better How To Come Alongside Others As A Guide And A Friend, To Invest In Their Spiritual Formation And Leadership. If You Want Long-term Impact On The Lives Of Future Leaders, How You Guide Must Be As Important As The Content You Impart. Only Then Will Youl See Lifelong Change And Empowerment In Those You Mentor. Randy Reese And Robert Loane Show You How To Make The Most Of This Crucial Ministry. They Offer A Biblically Grounded Approach That Also Draws On The Research And Teaching Of Bobby Clinton As Well As Their Own Experience In Resourcing Churches And Christian Organizations. Jesus Christ Still Calls People To Become Leaders In A Lifelong Journey Of Conforming To His Image. Join Him As You Guide Others Through Deep Mentoring.
- Foreword By Eugene H. Peterson
- <strong>i. Noticing . . . God's Already Present Action</strong>
- 1. Paying Attention
- 2. A Storied Way: What We Learn From Editing Our Lives
- <strong>ii. Learning . . . From Those Who Have Come Before Us</strong>
- 3. Foundation: A Beginning
- 4. Preparation: Finding Our Way
- 5. Contribution: Leading Out Of Who We Are
- 6. Multiplication: Finishing Well
- <strong>iii. Guiding . . . The Formation Of Others</strong>
- 7. Imitating Jesus' Way With Others
- 8. Christian Leadership Formation: The Nature Of Our Work