Delighting in the Trinity
2012 Preaching Survey of the Year's Best Books for Preachers Why is God love? Because God is a Trinity. Why can we be saved? Because God is a Trinity. How are we able to live the Christian life?...
You May Also Like
2012 Preaching Survey of the Year's Best Books for Preachers
Why is God love? Because God is a Trinity. Why can we be saved? Because God is a Trinity. How are we able to live the Christian life? Through the Trinity. In this lively book, we find an introduction to Christianity and the Christian life that is from start to finish rooted in our triune God-Father, Son and Spirit. Not only do we understand the person and work of Christ through the Trinity, but also prayer, the church and every aspect of our faith. With wit and clarity, Reeves draws from church history down to the present referencing a wide range of notable teachers and preachers. Here is a rich and enjoyable portrayal of the basic beliefs of Christianity that opens up the profound and life-changing truths of our faith.
Until recently, Dr Michael Reeves (Ph.D., King's College, University of London) was the Theological Advisor for UCCF, supporting student mission and undergraduates studying theology. Previously he was an associate minister at All Souls Church, Langham Place, London. He is currently the Theologian-at-Large, at Wales Evangelical School of Theology, UK. His bestselling book, The Good God, is also published by Paternoster (2012). He is also the author of The Unquenchable Flame: Introducing the Reformation; On Giants' Shoulders: Introducing Great Theologians - From Luther to Barth and The Breeze of the Centuries: Introducing Great Theologians - From the Apostolic Fathers to Aquinas .
- <ul> <li>2012 <em>preaching</em> Survey Of The Year's Best Books For Preachers</li> </ul> Why Is God Love? Because God Is A Trinity. Why Can We Be Saved? Because God Is A Trinity. How Are We Able To Live The Christian Life? Through The Trinity. In This Lively Book, We Find An Introduction To Christianity And The Christian Life That Is From Start To Finish Rooted In Our Triune God-father, Son And Spirit. Not Only Do We Understand The Person And Work Of Christ Through The Trinity, But Also Prayer, The Church And Every Aspect Of Our Faith. With Wit And Clarity, Reeves Draws From Church History Down To The Present Referencing A Wide Range Of Notable Teachers And Preachers. Here Is A Rich And Enjoyable Portrayal Of The Basic Beliefs Of Christianity That Opens Up The Profound And Life-changing Truths Of Our Faith.
- 1. What Was God Doing Before Creation?
- 2. Creation: The Father’s Love Overflows
- 3. Salvation: The Son Shares What Is His
- 4. The Christian Life: The Spirit Beautifies
- 5. "who Among The Gods Is Like You, O Lord?"
- Conclusion: No Other Choice