Discipleship Explored: Universal Edition (Leader's Guide)
Essential for every leader. Written in clear and simple English to help the leader use straightforward English while guiding the group through the studies. This study includes weekly Bible studies, talk outlines and training material on how to unpack any...
In Stock1 available
You May Also Like
Essential for every leader. Written in clear and simple English to help the leader use straightforward English while guiding the group through the studies. This study includes weekly Bible studies, talk outlines and training material on how to unpack any deeper concepts that may arise. Discipleship Explored is for anyone who wants to make the most of their Christian lives, but especially for people who have recently completed an evangelistic course and decided to follow Christ. This Universal Edition Leader's Guide can be used in conjunction with both the Universal Edition Study Guide and the International Student Study Guide. The Discipleship Explored: Universal Edition features a series of Bible studies through Philippians which can be used on their own, or in conjunction with the Discipleship Explored DVD. The studies are designed to be universally accessible with a special emphasis on clear and simple English, making them suitable for use with internationals who are learning English and for anyone else who appreciates really clear and simple language. The Bible studies could also be used in regular Bible-study groups or with anyone who has recently completed a Christianity Explored course. Key features: - 8 Bible studies through Philippians (plus 2 extra optional studies) - Written in simple and clear English - Training section on cross-cultural discipleship - Can be used with the Discipleship Explored DVD - Additional resource material available as free downloads.
Barry Cooper was born in Epsom, studied English Literature and Language at St Catherine's College, Oxford.After graduating with honours, he trained at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London and began a seven-year acting career. At the same time, he completed a church placement in London's East End, and spent several years leading on CYFA youth camps in the UK. He is now the 'writer-in-residence' at Christianity Explored, writing course material, training and speaking.
- Section 1: How To Run The Course
- Planning Your Discipleship Explored Group
- Preparing Yourself And Your Co-leaders
- Introducing Philippians
- Running The Sessions
- What To Do If...
- Working With English Speakers
- Cross-cultural Discipleship
- You Never Stop Learning To Be A Disciple
- Section 2: Study Guide
- Before We Begin
- Week 1: How Can I Be Sure I'm A Christian? - Philippians 1:1-11
- Week 2: What Am I Living For? - Philippians 1:12-26
- Week 3: Together For Christ? - Philippians 1:27 - 2:11
- Week 4: How Should I Live For Christ? - Philippians 2:5-18
- Week 5: Can I Be Good Enough For God? - Philippians 3:1-9
- Week 6: How Can I Know Christ Better? - Philippians 3:10 - 4:1
- Week 7: How Can I Rejoice In Christ? - Philippians 4:2-9
- Week 8: How Can I Be Content In Christ? - Philippians 4:10-23
- Extra: An Example To Follow? - Philippians 2:19-30