Discovering Our Spiritual Identity
Each chapter in this workbook by Trevor Hudson is peppered with "holy experiments," simple practices that bring us into God's presence and help us experience life as his beloved. At the end of each chapter is a set of questions...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives. eBook is Available.0 Available. Expected to ship in 4 to 5 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
Each chapter in this workbook by Trevor Hudson is peppered with "holy experiments," simple practices that bring us into God's presence and help us experience life as his beloved. At the end of each chapter is a set of questions which are ideal for discussion with one or two spiritual friends or a small group.
^^This practical and winsome book covers topics such as:
^^^hearing and speaking with God ^growing in spiritual friendship ^practicing stewardship of our work and play ^learning discernment ^approaching our death and the world beyond ^living now in the kingdom of God ^^Wherever you may find yourself along the Way, a real and vital spirituality awaits you in these pages.^
Each chapter in this workbook by Trevor Hudson is peppered with "holy experiments," simple practices that bring you into God's presence and help you experience life as his beloved. At the end of each chapter is a set of questions which are ideal for discussion with one or two spiritual friends or a small group. A Renovar? Resource.
Trevor Hudson has been in the Methodist ministry for the past thirty odd years, spending most of this time in and around Johannesburg, South Africa. Presently he is part of the pastoral team at Northfield Methodist Church in Benoni where he preaches and teaches on a weekly basis. He has written nine books, including A Mile in My Shoes; Listening to the Groans, and Discovering Our Spiritual Identity which have recently been published in the U.S.
Much of his ministry has been shaped by two passions: helping ordinary people experience the transforming presence and power of Jesus in their everyday lives and helping people build the kind of local faith community which seeks to take seriously the suffering of those around them. His interests include watching sports, walking and running, discovering new places, reading and writing.
- Foreword By Dallas Willard
- 1 Drawing A Picture Of God
- Holy Experiment: Knowing God Through Knowing Jesus
- 2 Discovering Who We Are
- Holy Experiment: Beloved Charter; Relating To Others As Beloved
- 3 Developing A Christian Memory
- Holy Experiment: Remembering Jesus In The Gospels; Remembering Our Personal Stories; Remembering The Present Day
- 4 Receiving The Kingdom
- Holy Experiment: Turning Toward Jesus; Opening Clenched Fists
- 5 Belonging To The Family Of God
- Holy Experiment: Confession; Listening; Conscious Loving Actions
- 6 Becoming Holy, Becoming Ourselves
- Holy Experiment: Silence And Solitude; A Desert Day; Suffering With A Neighbor
- 7 Loving Those Closest To Us
- Holy Experiment: Confession; Listening
- 8 Discovering God’s Call For Our Lives
- Holy Experiment: Discernment
- 9 Practicing The Presence Of God
- Holy Experiment: Mindfulness; Thankfulness; Welcoming God Into Your Next Task
- 10 Opening Our Hearts To God
- Holy Experiment: Praying Our Feelings; Praying The Psalms; Praying The Lord’s Prayer
- 11 Overcoming Evil Within And Around Us
- Holy Experiment: Journaling Your Inner Struggle; Overcoming Evil With Love; Intercessory Prayer
- 12 Witnessing To The Good News
- Holy Experiment: Witnessing Without Words, Divine Openings, Testimony
- 13 Stewarding Faithfully What We Possess
- Holy Experiment: Pledging To Tithe; Divine Ownership
- 14 Speaking Words Of Life And Power
- Holy Experiment: Halting Harmful Speech; A Blessing Day; Offering Encouraging Words
- 15 Looking To The Life Beyond
- Holy Experiment: Centering Prayer; The Present Moment; Relinquishment
- 16 Growing Into Christlikeness
- Holy Experiment: Hospitality; Praying For Our Enemies
- Further Reading