Sometimes in the Christian life we get stuck. Something seems off, and we don't know why. We may not even notice it at first. But we feel like God is far from our daily lives, or we lose hope for...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
Sometimes in the Christian life we get stuck. Something seems off, and we don't know why. We may not even notice it at first. But we feel like God is far from our daily lives, or we lose hope for the future, or we don't treat others in loving ways. What can we do? Sam Van Eman has found that our spiritual lives need disruptive experiences, which can jolt and reorient us for greater spiritual maturity. Out-of-the-ordinary activities can challenge our assumptions and give us space to consider new perspectives. And when we intentionally choose to pursue designed experiences, we stretch our faith in new and unexpected ways. Filled with concrete examples of how ordinary people are shaped by disruptive experiences, this book provides a path to deeper faith on purpose. Jesus disrupted his disciples with invitations to get out of their boats, leave their nets, and follow him. Have courage, and discover what those kinds of disruptions might look like for you.
Sam Van Eman is a Staff Resource Specialist with the Coalition for Christian Outreach. He has been involved in campus ministry since 1998 and speaks at Christian seminars, retreats, and camps.
- Sometimes In The Christian Life We Get Stuck. Something Seems Off, And We Don't Know Why. We May Not Even Notice It At First. But We Feel Like God Is Far From Our Daily Lives, Or We Lose Hope For The Future, Or We Don't Treat Others In Loving Ways. What Can We Do? Sam Van Eman Has Found That Our Spiritual Lives Need Disruptive Experiences, Which Can Jolt And Reorient Us For Greater Spiritual Maturity. Out-of-the-ordinary Activities Can Challenge Our Assumptions And Give Us Space To Consider New Perspectives. And When We Intentionally Choose To Pursue Designed Experiences, We Stretch Our Faith In New And Unexpected Ways. Filled With Concrete Examples Of How Ordinary People Are Shaped By Disruptive Experiences, This Book Provides A Path To Deeper Faith On Purpose. Jesus Disrupted His Disciples With Invitations To Get Out Of Their Boats, Leave Their Nets, And Follow Him. Have Courage, And Discover What Those Kinds Of Disruptions Might Look Like For You.
- <strong>part I: Growing Restless</strong>
- 1. Feeling Stuck2. Exploring Options3. Making A Plan
- <strong>part Ii: Growing Deeper</strong>
- 4. Stepping Out In Faith: Adventures In Trust5. Rediscovering Hope: Tests Of Endurance6. Growing In Love: Experiments In Service
- <strong>part Iii: Growing Up</strong>
- 7. Translating Change8. Navigating Valleys9. Getting Unstuck Together
- Epilogue: A Caution For Disciple Makersacknowledgmentssmall Group Study Guide: Disruptive Discipleship With Othersappendix A: What Jesus Knew About Experiential Education: A Bible Studyappendix B: Design Templates For Disciple Makersadditional Resources For Disciple Makersnotes