Distorted Images of God (Lifeguide Bible Study Series)
Though we say God is loving, trustworthy and all-powerful, our actions and thoughts reveal the subtle and not-so-subtle lies we're believing: that God is impossible to please, manipulative and likely to abandon us. Written with compassion and conviction, these eight...
Available Now.50+ Available
You may also like
Though we say God is loving, trustworthy and all-powerful, our actions and thoughts reveal the subtle and not-so-subtle lies we're believing: that God is impossible to please, manipulative and likely to abandon us. Written with compassion and conviction, these eight studies bring to light our distorted thinking and point us to the truth of who God is--the great healer who knows us intimately and pursues us with love.
Dale Ryan (PhD, University of California, Davis) is CEO of Christian Recovery International, based in Southern California. He is also an assistant professor of recovery ministry and director of the Fuller Institute for Recovery Ministry at Fuller Theological Seminary. He has consulted with ministries in several countries who are seeking to develop support groups for alcoholics and addicts and their families. He is a coauthor of The Twelve Steps: A Spiritual Kindergarten, Rooted in God's Love and Bible study guides published by InterVarsity Press. Most recently he has co-authored Soul Repair.
Juanita Ryan is a clinical nurse specialist with an M.S.N. in psychiatric mental health nursing. She has taught mental health nursing at Bethel University, Rio Hondo Community College and Biola University. She is currently a therapist in private practice at Brea Family Counseling Center in Brea, California. She is the author or coauthor of over thirty InterVarsity Press Bible studies, and most recntly Soul Repair.
- How To Get The Most Out Of <em>distorted Images Of God</em>
- 1. The God Of Impossible Expectations Versus The God Of Compassion
- Psalm 103:1-14
- 2. The Emotionally Distant God Versus The God Of Empathy And Grace
- Hebrews 4:14-16, 5:1-10
- 3. The Inattentive God Versus The God Who Knows Us Intimately
- Psalm 139:1-18
- 4. The Abusive God Versus The God Who Heals Us
- Matthew 20:29-34
- 5. The Unreliable God Versus The God Who Is Trustworthy
- Psalm 145:1-16
- 6. The God Who Abandons Versus The God Who Pursues
- Luke 15:1-7
- 7. The God Who Withholds Versus The God Who Provides
- Matthew 6:25-34 And 7:7-11
- 8. The God Who Is Weak Versus The God Who Is All-powerful
- Luke 8:22-56
- Leader's Notes