Does God Believe in Atheists?
John Blanchard answers sceptics with precision, clarity, logic and compassion. This book: - Traces the development of atheistic and agnostic thinking from the 'Golden Age' of Greek philosophy to the present day. - Pinpoints the influence of thinkers such as...
Out of PrintUnavailable
You May Also Like
John Blanchard answers sceptics with precision, clarity, logic and compassion. This book:
- Traces the development of atheistic and agnostic thinking from the 'Golden Age' of Greek philosophy to the present day.
- Pinpoints the influence of thinkers such as Immanuel Kant, Friedrich Neitzsche, Martin Heidegger, Albert Camus, Jean-Paul Sartre and Bertrand Russell, and shows how their teaching has helped to shape modern atheistic and agnostic ideas.
- Traces the rise of Darwinian evolutionism and uncovers the weaknesses in claims made by its contemporary exponents such as Richard Dawkins and Peter Atkins.
- Exposes the fallacies of determinism, existentialism and secular humanism.
- Highlights the fundamental flaws in nine world religions and fourteen major cults.
- Shows why true science and true religion are not enemies, but friends.
- Examines the critical issue of how a God of love can allow suffering and evil.
"Even by John Blanchard's normal standards of excellence and clarity, this work is a tour de force. Bulging with facts and fascinating information. Wonderfully readable." - Rev Dr Sinclair Ferguson. 655 pages, from Evangelical Press.
The existence and nature of the universe, the origin of life, and the physical, moral and spiritual characteristics of human beings are all handled with insight, clarity and humor, leading to a heart-warming presentation of the greatest evidence of all that God is real and relevant, and that we can come into a living relationship with Him.
Parents are encouraged to spend time, on a daily basis, reading with their children from the Bible and then use Jim Cromartys comments to encourage discussion. Questions are included to assist, and a memory verse completes each days devotions.
Dr. Blanchard is an internationally known Christian author, he formed Popular Christian Apologetics, a project that involves writing, speaking, radio and television broadcasting and the production of a series of videotapes and audio-cassettes providing a rational defence of the Christian faith. The PCA project now takes up virtually all of his time, but he also preaches and teaches in other evangelistic and Bible teaching situations.His 24 books include two of the UK's most widely used evangelistic publications, Right with God and Ultimate Questions. Published in 2000, his 655-page volume Does God believe in Atheists? was voted 'Best Christian Book ' in the inaugural UK Christian Book Awards held in 2001.Dr. Blanchard is on the Board of Governors of Highland Theological College; is a Trustee and Life Vice-President of the Young Life; Patron of Liverpool City Mission; on the Council of Reference of the Brighton and Hove City Mission; and on the Board of Reference of Orphaids, and of Longhorsely Convention Christian.