Throughout Scripture and church history, women have been central to the mission of God. But all too often women have lacked opportunities to minister fully. Many churches lack visible examples of women in ministry and leadership. Pastor Tara Beth Leach...
You May Also Like
Throughout Scripture and church history, women have been central to the mission of God. But all too often women have lacked opportunities to minister fully. Many churches lack visible examples of women in ministry and leadership. Pastor Tara Beth Leach issues a stirring call for a new generation of women in ministry: to teach, to preach, to shepherd, and to lead. God not only permits women to minister-he emboldens, empowers, and unleashes women to lead out of the fullness of who they are. The church cannot reach its full potential without women using their God-given gifts. Leach provides practical expertise for how women can find their place at the table, escape impostor syndrome, face opposition, mentor others, and much more. When women teach, preach, lead, evangelize, pastor, and disciple, and when men partner to embolden the women in their lives, the church's imagination expands to better reflect God's story and hope for the world.
Tara Beth Leach is senior pastor of First Church of the Nazarene of Pasadena in Southern California. She is a graduate of Olivet Nazarene University (BA, youth ministry) and Northern Theological Seminary (MDiv). She is a regular writer for Missio Alliance and has contributed to other publications such as Christianity Today, Christian Week, The Jesus Creed, The Table Magazine, Reflecting the Image Devotional, Renovating Holiness, and most recently a chapter in The Apostle Paul and the Christian Life. She has two beautiful and rambunctious sons, and has been married to the love of her life, Jeff, since 2006.
- Throughout Scripture And Church History, Women Have Been Central To The Mission Of God. But All Too Often Women Have Lacked Opportunities To Minister Fully. Many Churches Lack Visible Examples Of Women In Ministry And Leadership. Pastor Tara Beth Leach Issues A Stirring Call For A New Generation Of Women In Ministry: To Teach, To Preach, To Shepherd, And To Lead. God Not Only Permits Women To Minister-he Emboldens, Empowers, And Unleashes Women To Lead Out Of The Fullness Of Who They Are. The Church Cannot Reach Its Full Potential Without Women Using Their God-given Gifts. Leach Provides Practical Expertise For How Women Can Find Their Place At The Table, Escape Impostor Syndrome, Face Opposition, Mentor Others, And Much More. When Women Teach, Preach, Lead, Evangelize, Pastor, And Disciple, And When Men Partner To Embolden The Women In Their Lives, The Church's Imagination Expands To Better Reflect God's Story And Hope For The World.
- <strong>part I: Emboldened Women</strong>
- 1. This Is Our Story2. Overcoming Imposter Syndrome3. Breaking Stereotypes4. Overcoming Opposition5. An Emboldened Sisterhood6. Marriage, Family, And Singleness In Ministry
- <strong>part Ii: A Vision For An Emboldened Church</strong>
- 7. An Emboldened Mission8. An Emboldened Imagination9. Emboldened Colaborers10. An Emboldened Church
- Acknowledgmentsappendix: Books To Readnotes