Encountering the God Who Heals: Understanding, Encountering and Ministering the Presence of Jesus
:Encountering the God Who Heals shows how healing ministry is so closely linked to finding the presence of God and seeing what can flow from him. Author John Ryeland contends that the focus of healing is really all...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
:Encountering the God Who Heals shows how healing ministry is so closely linked to finding the presence of God and seeing what can flow from him.
Author John Ryeland contends that the focus of healing is really all about meeting with Jesus. This is therefore also a book about prayer and intimacy with God in which we can all share, and through that find the healing Jesus we long to meet.
The book is divided into three parts. The first part looks at the sheer wonder of who we are. Without that realization, we may find it hard to understand why God would ever touch someone like us. The second part explains what "encounter prayer" is, and encourages us all to enter into it for ourselves. The final part looks at how we can pray for others.
Throughout the book John shares life-changing testimonies, sound teaching, and clear practical suggestions for encountering God.
A valuable resource for anyone wanting to find more of God's love for individuals seeking healing and those praying for others.
- Foreword By Charles Whitehead
- Part 1: Discovering Who We Are
- 1. Who Do You Think You Are?
- 2. God's Heart Revealed
- 3. Speaking His Blessing Over Us
- 4. Four Truths From Ephesians
- 5. Making The Truth Real To Us
- 6. Being A Name-bearer
- 7. Practising Being A Name-bearer
- Part 2: Meeting Jesus In Encounter Prayer
- 8. It's All About The Encounter
- 9. Trying It For Ourselves
- Part 3: Letting Jesus Heal Through Us
- 10. Recalling Who We Are
- 11. Is Healing A Gift?
- 12. What Makes A Good Prayer Minister?
- 13. Beginning By Listening
- 14. The Three Aspects Of Healing Prayer
- 15. No Guarantees
- 16. Can We Get In The Way?
- 17. Listening To What God Says For Others
- 18. Working Together As A Team
- 19. Intercession
- 20. Final Thoughts
- Appendix 1: Summary Of Meditations
- Appendix 2: Encountering Jesus On Your Own
- Appendix 3: Encountering Jesus With A Group
- Appendix 4: Guidelines For Ministry