Encountering the Old Testament (Encountering Biblical Studies) (Encountering Biblical Studies Series)
This new edition of a bestselling evangelical survey of the Old Testament (over 180,000 copies sold) has been thoroughly updated and features a beautiful new interior design. It is lavishly illustrated with four-color images, maps, and charts and retains the...
You May Also Like
This new edition of a bestselling evangelical survey of the Old Testament (over 180,000 copies sold) has been thoroughly updated and features a beautiful new interior design. It is lavishly illustrated with four-color images, maps, and charts and retains the pedagogical features that have made the book so popular:
· chapter outlines, objectives, and summaries
· study questions
· sidebars featuring primary source material, ethical and theological issues, and contemporary applications
· lists of key terms, people, and places
· further reading recommendations
· endnotes and indexes
The book is supplemented by web-based resources through Baker Academic's Textbook eSources, offering course help for professors and study aids for students.
Bill T. Arnold (PhD, Hebrew Union College) is professor of Old Testament and Semitic languages at Asbury Theological Seminary. He is the author or editor of numerous books, including Encountering the Book of Genesis, Dictionary of the Old Testament: Historical Books, A Guide to Biblical Hebrew Syntax, and a commentary on 1 and 2 Samuel. Bryan E. Beyer (PhD, Hebrew Union College) is professor of Old Testament at Columbia International University Seminary and School of Missions. He is the author of Encountering the Book of Isaiah and coeditor (with Bill Arnold) of Readings from the Ancient Near
Bill T. Arnold (Ph.D., Hebrew Union College) is Professor of Old Testament and Semitic Languages, William Edmond Conger, Jr. Professor of Academic Leadership, and Director of Hebrew Studies at Asbury Theological Seminary. He has written or edited numerous books books, including 1-2 Samuel (New International Version Application Commentary), Encountering the Old Testament; Encountering Genesis; A Guide to Biblical Hebrew Syntax, Genesis (New Cambridge Bible Commentary) and the Book of Deuteronomy (replacement volume- New International Commentary of the Old Testament).
Koorong - Editorial Review.
- This New Edition Of A Bestselling Evangelical Survey Of The Old Testament (over 180,000 Copies Sold) Has Been Thoroughly Updated And Features A Beautiful New Interior Design. It Is Lavishly Illustrated With Four-color Images, Maps, And Charts And Retains The Pedagogical Features That Have Made The Book So Popular:<br> <br> · Chapter Outlines, Objectives, And Summaries<br> · Study Questions<br> · Sidebars Featuring Primary Source Material, Ethical And Theological Issues, And Contemporary Applications<br> · Lists Of Key Terms, People, And Places<br> · Further Reading Recommendations<br> · Endnotes And Indexes<br> <br> The Book Is Supplemented By Web-based Resources Through Baker Academic's Textbook Esources, Offering Course Help For Professors And Study Aids For Students.