Enjoying God: Experience the Power and Love of God in Everyday Life
We believe in God, we serve God, we love God, but do we enjoy God? In day-to-day life, how do the three persons of the Trinity relate to us, and how do we respond? Tim Chester offers an inspiring guide...
In Stock50+ available
You May Also Like
We believe in God, we serve God, we love God, but do we enjoy God? In day-to-day life, how do the three persons of the Trinity relate to us, and how do we respond? Tim Chester offers an inspiring guide to enjoying God as much as we can, showing how understanding the Trinity is key.
We believe in God, we serve God, we love God but do we ENJOY God as much as we can? Does our head knowledge translate into affection of the heart? Do we have a meaningful relationship with someone we can't see? Do we feel excited about God everyday, in every context? Tim Chester shows us how to relate to each of the three persons of the Trinity, and what this look like in practice. Readers will discover that as we engage more with God, and understand how awesome he is, we can enjoy him more. This isn't a book about the Trinity. It's a "how to" book exploring how we relate to God (for which we need a true understanding of the Trinity). In day-to-day life, how do the three persons of the Trinity relate to us, and how do we respond?
- Catalogue Code 519648
- Product Code 9781784982812
- ISBN 1784982814
- EAN 9781784982812
- Pages 192
- Department General Books
- Category Christian Living
- Sub-Category General
- Publisher Good Book Company, The
- Publication Date Sep 2018
- Sales Rank 113
- Dimensions 121 x 231 x 17mm
- Weight 0.244kg
Dr Tim Chester is the pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, UK, and is a faculty member at The Acts 29 Oak Hill Academy. He is part of the Crowded House, a church planting initiative in Sheffield, UK, and is founder and co-director of the Porterbrook Seminary, a college-level theological training and ministry institute. He was previously Research and Policy Director for Tearfund and tutor in missiology at Cliff College.
Tim is the author of over thirty books of theology and history, ranging from the popular to the specialised, including Mission and the Coming of God: Eschatology, the Trinity and Mission in the Theology of Jurgen Moltmann (Paternoster); The Message of Prayer (Inter-Varsity Press); From Creation to New Creation (Paternoster); Good News to the Poor (Inter-Varsity Press); Delighting in the Trinity (Monarch); The Busy Christians Guide to Busyness (Inter-Varsity Press); and You can change: God's transforming power for our sinful behaviour and negative emotions (Inter-Varsity Press).
Tim is co-author of The Gospel-Centered Church (The Good Book Co), The World We All Want (Authentic) and Total Church (Inter-Varsity Press) and series editor of The Good Book Guides.
Tim is married to Helen, and they have two daughters.
- Mike And Emma's Monday Morning
- In Every Pleasure We Can Enjoy The Father's Generosity
- In Every Hardship We Can Enjoy The Father's Formation
- In Every Prayer We Can Enjoy The Father's Welcome
- In Every Failure We Can Enjoy The Son's Grace
- In Every Pain We Can Enjoy The Son's Presence
- In Every Supper We Can Enjoy The Son's Touch
- In Every Temptation We Can Enjoy The Spirit's Life
- In Every Groan We Can Enjoy The Spirit's Hope
- In Every Word We Can Enjoy The Spirit's Voice
- In One Another We Can Enjoy God's Love
- In Daily Repentance And Faith We Can Enjoy God's Freedom
- Under The Hood