:Dallas Willard spent his life making eternal living concrete for his friends. After his unexpected passing in 2013, the kaleidoscope of memories and the diversity of the lives he had touched could not be confined to one or even two...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives. eBook is Available.0 Available. Expected to ship in 6 to 7 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
:Dallas Willard spent his life making eternal living concrete for his friends. After his unexpected passing in 2013, the kaleidoscope of memories and the diversity of the lives he had touched could not be confined to one or even two memorial services, but three. It is this wide breadth of impact that inspired friends, family, colleagues, students, and leaders of the church to gather their reflections on this celebrated yet humble theologian and philosopher. Curated by Willard's long-time colleague and friend Gary Moon, this medley of images, snapshots and "Dallas-isms" seeks to move and motivate readers toward deeper experiences of God through the sharing of stories from the lives of the writers. Whether influenced by him as a family member, close friend, advisor, professor, philosopher, minister or reformer, contributors bring refreshing insight into not only his ideas and what shaped him, but also to his contagious theology of grace and joy.Contributors include:
Richard J. Foster
J. P. Moreland
James Bryan Smith
Ruth Haley Barton
and dozens more
- :preface1. Gary W. Moon: Introduction: Living In The Glow Of God
- <strong>i. Husband, Father And Friend </strong>
- 2. Richard J. Foster: If Death My Friend And Me Divide3. Family Voicesjane Willard: Birth Of The Books: He Never Planned To Write About Christian Spiritualitybecky Heatley: Living With The Great Thinker&e-and Feelerbill Heatley: My Father-in-law And Friendlarissa Heatley: Give’em Heavenjohn Willard: Fond Memories Of My Dad4. Jan Johnson: A Word From A Different Reality5. Keith Matthews: The Beauty Of A Virtuous Man
- <strong>ii. Philosopher And Professor</strong>
- 6. Steve Porter: Evidential Force Of Dallas Willard7. Greg Jesson: Dallas Willard’s Defense Of The Radical Practicality Of Knowledge8. Brandon Paradise: From Secular Philosophy To Faith9. J. P. Moreland: Reflections On A Day With My Professor And Friend10. Gary Black: Five Tips For A Teacher11. Widening Spheres Of Influenceeff Martin: Doing Business In The Kingdomquinton Peeples: Creating In The Kingdomgayle Beebe: Forming Education In The Kingdomjohn Kasich: Public Service In The Kingdomjohn Ortberg: Doing Church In The Kingdom
- <strong>iii. Mentor And Reformer Of The Church</strong>
- 12. James Bryan Smith: Master Of Metanoia, Bermuda Shorts And Wingtipssidebar: Emilie Griffin: He Made Me Feel Welcome And Told M