What's the point of the church anyway? The emerging generation is opting out of the church in large numbers. They're embarrassed at how the church is portrayed in the media and dismayed at what appears to be their options for...
You May Also Like
What's the point of the church anyway? The emerging generation is opting out of the church in large numbers. They're embarrassed at how the church is portrayed in the media and dismayed at what appears to be their options for participation. Is church really necessary anymore in our day? Is it even possible? Tim Soerens sees this unsettled state of affairs as an extraordinary opportunity: the church, he says, is on the edge of a new possibility at the very moment so much of it feels like it's falling apart. In his extensive travels in all kinds of neighborhoods, Soerens has seen the beginnings of this movement firsthand. In Everywhere You Look, he lays out practical, actionable steps for building collaborative communities in any neighborhood. Here is a vision of the church grounded in a grassroots movement of ordinary people living out what it means to be the church in their everyday lives. Read this book-and join the movement.
Tim Soerens is a pastor, social entrepreneur, and co-founding director of the Parish Collective. As co-director of the Parish Collective he convenes ministry leaders, teaches, and consults with organizations seeking human flourishing in particular neighborhoods while also working collaboratively across the city. He is also the co-founding producer of the Inhabit Conference and the new ?Leadership in the New Parish? certificate program at The Seattle School of Theology and Psychology. As social entrepreneur, Tim is a founding adviser to the Hub-Seattle, an innovative co-working space for changeA
- <strong>what's The Point Of The Church Anyway?</strong> The Emerging Generation Is Opting Out Of The Church In Large Numbers. They're Embarrassed At How The Church Is Portrayed In The Media And Dismayed At What Appears To Be Their Options For Participation. Is Church Really Necessary Anymore In Our Day? Is It Even Possible? Tim Soerens Sees This Unsettled State Of Affairs As An Extraordinary Opportunity: The Church, He Says, Is On The Edge Of A New Possibility At The Very Moment So Much Of It Feels Like It's Falling Apart. In His Extensive Travels In All Kinds Of Neighborhoods, Soerens Has Seen The Beginnings Of This Movement Firsthand. In <em>everywhere You Look</em>, He Lays Out Practical, Actionable Steps For Building Collaborative Communities In Any Neighborhood. Here Is A Vision Of The Church Grounded In A Grassroots Movement Of Ordinary People Living Out What It Means To Be The Church In Their Everyday Lives. Read This Book-and Join The Movement.
- 2. The Big Why
- 3. The Magic Of Paying Attention
- 4. The Mega-church Next Door
- 5. The Parish Is The Unit Of Change
- 6. The Same Team
- 7. Learning From Local Heroes
- 8. Already Here
- Postscript: Without Ceasing
- Parish Collective Informational Page