Excellence (Christian Basics Bible Study Series)
This NIV-based study series links eight key aspects of discipleship with important books on those aspects by leading evangelical authors, such as John Stott, J I Packer, and Eugene Peterson. Each study focuses on spiritual growth through personal application, and...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
This NIV-based study series links eight key aspects of discipleship with important books on those aspects by leading evangelical authors, such as John Stott, J I Packer, and Eugene Peterson. Each study focuses on spiritual growth through personal application, and includes background notes, and help for leaders.
1. Pleading Inadequacy Jeremiah 1:4-162. Discernment Jeremiah 7:1-153. God's Shaping Hand Jeremiah 18:1-184. Honesty Jeremiah 15:10-215. Obedience Jeremiah 356. Making The Best Of It Jeremiah 29:1-14
Life is difficult.Daily you must choose whether to live cautiously or courageously.God calls you to live at your best, to pursue righteousness, to drive toward excellence. Six studies, drawn from Eugene Peterson's much-lovedRun with the Horses,will help you discover God's goals and equip you to achieve them.
Dr. Eugene H. Peterson is a pastor, scholar, author, and poet. He has written nearly thirty influential books including, Praying with the Psalms; Praying with Jesus; Reversed Thunder; Leap Over a Wall; Run with the Horses and Answering God , but he is best known for The Message: The Bible in Contemporary Language a contemporary paraphrase of the Bible.
Eugene Peterson was educated at Seattle Pacific University, New York Theological Seminary, and Johns Hopkins University, and in 1962, Peterson became founding pastor of Christ Our King Presbyterian Church in Bel Air, Maryland, where he served for 29 years before retiring. He is Professor Emeritus of Spiritual Theology at Regent College in Vancouver, British Columbia retiring in 2002.
His most recent publications have been the Spiritual Theology Series including Eat this Book; Christ Dances in a Thousand Places; The Word Made Flesh; The Jesus Way and the fifth volume Practising Resurrection.
Koorong -Editorial Review.
- Getting The Most Out Of Christian Basics Bible Studies
- Introduction: How Will You Compete With Horses?
- 1. Pleading Inadequacy - <em>jeremiah 1:4-16</em>
- 2. Discernment - <em>jeremiah 7:1-15</em>
- 3. God's Shaping Hand - <em>jeremiah 18:1-18</em>
- 4. Honesty - <em>jeremiah 15:10-21</em>
- 5. Obedience - <em>jeremiah 35</em>
- 6. Making The Best Of It - <em>jeremiah 29:1-14</em>
- Guidelines For Leaders
- Study Notes