Expanded Bible, the Chestnut
The Expanded Bible reflects the latest scholarship, current English, and the needs of contemporary students of the Bible. This Bible includes a multitude of study aids right in line with the text. Expanded translations and other helps make it possible...
Out of PrintUnavailable
You May Also Like
- Other VersionComparison
The Expanded Bible reflects the latest scholarship, current English, and the needs of contemporary students of the Bible. This Bible includes a multitude of study aids right in line with the text. Expanded translations and other helps make it possible for you to study the Bible while you read.
- Expanded translations bring out the meaning of words and offer alternatives.
- Literal meanings of terms from the original languages are included where they can provide more understanding.
- Traditional wordings assist recollection of familiar terms and expressions.
- Comments explain passages that can be understood better with a brief remark.
- Useful references supply rewarding opportunities for comparing other Scriptures.
- Variants display additional wording in some of the original language texts.
Explore the Depths of the Scriptures While You Read
Expect understanding! Experience the full meaning of God's Word. The Expanded Bible has been developed by a respected team of skilled Bible translators to make God's Word easier to understand?and more relevant and real for today's Christian?with innovative expansions in the text itself that exhibit the complete meaning of each passage in its context?while you read.
Perceive what God is saying in language that's easy to understand Discover the significance of each passage with helpful expansions in the text Comprehend full meaning with alternative, literal, and traditional wordings Understand the Bible's culture and setting with descriptive comments where needed Compare scripture with scripture using key cross-references Add your own expansions and observations in wide margins on every page
Part of the Signature Series line of Thomas Nelson Bibles.
Contributing scholars: Tremper Longman III, Mark L. Strauss, Daniel Taylor