Faith and Science in the 21St Century: A Postmodern Primer For Youth and Adults
- Eight noted theologians, each speaking on a topic of science - Builds on popular videos from the Day 1 radio program Science or faith? The battle rages, from millennials and GenXers questioning the relevance of religion to older adults...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 6 to 7 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
- Eight noted theologians, each speaking on a topic of science - Builds on popular videos from the Day 1 radio program Science or faith? The battle rages, from millennials and GenXers questioning the relevance of religion to older adults who doubt the validity of science (and vice versa), but these two are not mutually exclusive. They can, in fact, be mutually enriching and complimentary, once their proper domains are understood and respected. The Episcopal Church, with its tradition of the "via media," offers an ideal setting for conversations seeking to bridge the often antagonistic perspectives on both sides. Faith and Science in the 21st Century presents a way to start that conversation. Built on existing videos produced by the popular Day 1 program with assistance from a John Templeton Foundation grant, this series features notable faith leaders across the denominational spectrum in 3 to 5 minute video presentations on scientific topics in which they are experts. Intended for use in a variety of settings, including congregations, schools, and campus ministries, it can be presented as an eight-session series of studies, but each session can also stand on its own for a one-time formation offering. A single video download will offer all video presentations. This Leader Guide enables facilitators to foster fruitful discussions of each session topic. It includes an introduction about the program and how it can be used, and eight detailed session plans to utilize with a downloadable video sold separately on the Day 1 website.
Peter Wallace is the Singapore Practice Leader for Ernst & Young's Global Financial Services Group. In his current role he provides audit and advisory services to a number of the world's most respected financial institutions. He also provides a range of corporate governance services to major Asian corporates in the areas of board and director assessment, internal audit re-engineering, risk management and director training. He has written and spoken widely on various corporate governance topics including contributing a series on corporate governance to one of the Singapore national newspapers.
- <p>how To Use This Resource<br />
- Session 1: How Can Faith And Science Inform Each Other?<br />
- Session 2: God And Cosmos<br />
- Session 3: Creation And Evolution<br />
- Session 4: Quantum Physics And Eternity<br />
- Session 5: Science And The Image Of God<br />
- Session 6: The Bible And Genetics<br />
- Session 7: Life And Death<br />
- Session 8: Continuing The Conversation<br />
- For Further Reading<br />
- Meet The Speakers</p>