Field Guide For Small Group Leaders
There are countless helpful resources available to the small group leader. As managing editor of smallgroups.com, Sam O'Neal has seen the best of them come and go. They tend to deal with the big vision of small groups--how they can...
Out of PrintUnavailable
You May Also Like
There are countless helpful resources available to the small group leader. As managing editor of smallgroups.com, Sam O'Neal has seen the best of them come and go. They tend to deal with the big vision of small groups--how they can revolutionize your church and transform your congregation. Or they consider the big idea of small group ministry, how it reflects God's communal vision for us. But sometimes a small group leader just wants to know how to survive the next meeting--not how to instruct and correct or shock and awe, but simply how to set the table for a life-changing encounter with God. The Field Guide for Small Group Leaders focuses in on the small group gathering as spiritual event. Useful to newly minted leaders and as a ready resource for small group experts, this go-to guide helps leaders prepare themselves to prepare their groups for the adventure of a collective encounter with a great God.
As a former managing editor for SmallGroups.com, Sam O'Neal has a passion for seeing discipleship and full-bodied Christian education done right in the local church-especially in the context of small group communities. Sam is currently a content editor for Threads by Lifeway, where he edits books and Bible studies for young adults.
- <strong>part One: Mapping The Terrain</strong>
- 1. Small Groups 101
- 2. The Ministry Of Hospitality
- 3. Learning Styles
- <strong>part Two: Planning Your Route</strong>
- 4. The Big Idea
- 5. Icebreakers And Learning Activities
- 6. Crafting Great Discussion Questions
- 7. Planning For Worship And Prayer
- 8. Finalizing Curriculum
- <strong>part Three: Hitting The Trail</strong>
- 9. The Art Of Leading A Small Group Discussion
- 10. Leading A Well-rounded Group Meeting
- 11. When Things Don't Go As Planned
- 12. Application And Inspiration
- Appendix 1: Further Resources On Smallgroups.com
- Appendix 2: Sample Icebreakers