Fields of Grace: Sharing Faith From the Horse Farm
In Stock8 available
You May Also Like
:From her horse farm in Nebraska, Cara Whitney--wife of Dan Whitney (aka "Larry the Cable Guy")--shares down-to-earth stories about how ordinary people can share their faith in extraordinary ways.
In the midst of uncertain and sometimes frightening times, sharing God's love with others gives us hope and purpose. With her humorous and often touching stories--many featuring horses, cows, and rascally dogs--Cara Whitney delightfully reminds us that it's always a good time to share the love of Jesus with your neighbor.
In Fields of Grace, Cara passes on lessons from her amazing animal teachers, such as ...
- What a barnyard horse brawl shows us about how God uses us in our weaknesses
- How caring for baby calves teaches us the value of letting go
- Why a carriage-pulling pack horse motivates us to be our best selves
- How a dance class inspires us to embrace our identity in Christ
- What a floppy-eared dog tells us about loving our neighbor
With Scripture verses, beautiful photography from the American heartland, and a ribbon marker for finding your place, Fields of Grace is a gorgeous gift for:
- Readers of Cara's previous book, Unbridled Faith
- Fans of Larry the Cable Guy
- Anyone fascinated by the "simpler life" of farming in rural America
- Animal lovers and photography lovers
- Spiritual seekers interested in a gentle approach to learning more about God
These charming yet powerful stories encourage us to care for others as we grow in our own spiritual journeys. No matter what times we live in, the love of Christ can transform lives--and help each of us to draw closer to Him.
- Catalogue Code 585095
- Product Code 9781400220090
- ISBN 1400220092
- EAN 9781400220090
- Pages 224
- Department General Books
- Category Christian Living
- Sub-Category General
- Publisher Harper Collins Gift Books
- Publication Date Jun 2021
- Sales Rank 59374
- Dimensions 203 x 152mm
- Weight 0.671kg
Cara Whitney grew up on a cattle farm in Northern Wisconsin. After spending a decade as a radio personality in markets that included Las Vegas, she found herself in search of that simpler life everyone talks about. She soon discovered that there is no such thing as a simple life, but instead your best lived life is one that includes a relationship with Jesus Christ. Cara lives with her husband and two kids on a horse farm in Nebraska.nbsp;
Michael Ross is an award-winning journalist and the author, co-author, and collaborator of more than 32 books for Christian families, including the Gold Medallion winner BOOM: A Guy's Guide to Growing Up (Tyndale), and a bestselling parenting guide What Your Son Isn't Telling You (Bethany House). Michael is the former editor of Breakaway, a national magazine for teen guys published by Focus on the Family. Today, he oversees Back to the Bible's book publishing efforts. He and his wife Tiffany live in Lincoln, Nebraska, with their son Christopher.