Challenges to religious liberty are increasingly common today as historical Christianity comes into conflict with a new, secular orthodoxy. In this thoroughly revised second edition of First Freedom , leading evangelical scholars present the biblical and historical foundations for religious...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
Challenges to religious liberty are increasingly common today as historical Christianity comes into conflict with a new, secular orthodoxy. In this thoroughly revised second edition of First Freedom, leading evangelical scholars present the biblical and historical foundations for religious freedom in America, and address pressing topics such as:
* Religious freedom and the exclusivity of the gospel
* The Christian doctrine of religious liberty
* Religious liberty and the public square
* Religious freedom and the sexual revolution
* Baptist contributions to religious freedom, and much more.
The contributors equip churches, pastors, and Christian citizens to uphold this "first freedom" given by God and defended by Christians throughout our nation's history.
Jason Duesing is personal assistant of Paige Patterson, President of Southwestern Seminary, Forth Worth TX.
Malcolm Yarnell (D. Phil., Oxford University) is Associate Professor of Systematic Theology, Editor of the Southwestern Journal of Theology, Director of the Oxford Study Program, and Director of the Center for Theological Research at Southwestern Theological Seminary. He is the author of The Formation of Christian Doctrine, and is under contract for the publication of his doctoral dissertation, Royal Priesthood in the English Reformation, as well as a new Baptist Heritage text entitled Restoring Integrity In Baptist Churches.
Thomas White (PhD., Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary) is vice president for student services at Southwestern Seminary after he served in that position on an interim basis for five months. White co-authored with Paige Patterson a book titled Calling Out the Called, First Freedom: The Baptist Perspective on Religious Liberty (editor); Restoring Integrity in Baptist Churches and Franchising McChurch with John Yeats.
- <div>challenges To Religious Liberty Are Increasingly Common Today As Historical Christianity Comes Into Conflict With A New, Secular Orthodoxy. In This Thoroughly Revised Second Edition Of <i>first Freedom</i>, Leading Evangelical Scholars Present The Biblical And Historical Foundations For Religious Freedom In America, And Address Pressing Topics Such As:<br> <br> * Religious Freedom And The Exclusivity Of The Gospel<br> * The Christian Doctrine Of Religious Liberty<br> * Religious Liberty And The Public Square<br> * Religious Freedom And The Sexual Revolution<br> * Baptist Contributions To Religious Freedom, And Much More.<br> <br> The Contributors Equip Churches, Pastors, And Christian Citizens To Uphold This "first Freedom" Given By God And Defended By Christians Throughout Our Nation's History. <br></div>