Forgiveness and Truth
In this collection of essays theologians debate forgiveness first as a theological concept, looking at Christology and atonement, ecclesiology, the liturgical mediation of forgiveness and the relationship between divine and human forgiving. Forgiveness is also considered in relation to shame,...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 7 to 8 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
In this collection of essays theologians debate forgiveness first as a theological concept, looking at Christology and atonement, ecclesiology, the liturgical mediation of forgiveness and the relationship between divine and human forgiving. Forgiveness is also considered in relation to shame, sin and guilt. Then forgiveness is discussed and applied to practical contemporary situations, as the contributors engage with the secular disciplines on the subject. There are specific situations in both the public and private spheres where forgiveness is both urgent and problematic, for example, in South Africa and Northern Ireland, and in the context of child abuse.
Dogmatic and practical theological themes--including Christology and atonement, forgiving abusive parents, the economics of forgiveness, and shame, sin, and guilt--are addressed by an international group of theologians.
Dr Alistair McFadyen is Senior Lecturer, Department of Theology and Religious Studies, University of Leeds. Dr McFadyen's publications include Bound to Sin: Abuse, Holocaust and the Christian Doctrine of Sin; The Call to Personhood: A Christian Theory of the Individual in Social relationships; Forgiveness and Truth (co-edited with Marcel Sarot), and Seeking Humanity.
Dr. Michael Sarot is Lecturer in Philosophy of Religion at the University of Utrecht.
- Jesus Christ The Forgiven, Haddon Willmer
- Loosing And Binding, Christopher Jones
- Shame, Sin And Guilt, Fraser Watts
- Forgiving Abusive Parents, Deborah Van Deusen Hunsinger
- The Merciful Economy, Peter Selby
- Forgiveness And Our Awareness Of Truth, Peter H. Sedgwick
- Forgiveness In Context, Jane Craske
- Probing The Relationship Between Divine And Human Forgiveness In Matthew,
- Todd Pokrifka-joe
- Truth And Reconciliation, Nico Schreurs
- Forgiveness And The Political Process In Northern Ireland, Alwyn Thompson
- Enfolding The Dark, David Self
- Is God Allowed To Forgive? Karin Scheiber.