Formed For the Glory of God
Kyle Strobel mines the work of Jonathan Edwards in search of the Puritan minister’s personal vision for spiritual development. "In Edwards," Strobel writes, "we find a grasp of spiritual formation that tries to balance deep thought with deep passion ....
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 6 to 7 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
Kyle Strobel mines the work of Jonathan Edwards in search of the Puritan minister’s personal vision for spiritual development. "In Edwards," Strobel writes, "we find a grasp of spiritual formation that tries to balance deep thought with deep passion . . . a life of love with the contemplation of divine things."
Kyle Strobel is a speaker, writer, and a practitioner of spiritual formation, discipleship, and community transformation. He has a masters in Philosophy of Religion and Ethics and another masters in New Testament from Talbot School of Theology. After doing further masters work in Spiritual Formation, Kyle has started his Ph.D in theology at the University of Aberdeen in Scotland, where Kyle and his wife Kelli currently reside. Kyle is also co-founder and director of Metamorpha.com, an online community for spiritual formation.
- Part One: A Journey Into Beauty
- 1. A Journey To See Clearly
- 2. Mapping The Way Of Love
- 3. Walking In Affection
- Part Two: Tools For The Journey
- 4. Spiritual Disciplines As Means Of Grace
- 5. Knowledge Of God And Knowledge Of Self
- 6. Meditation And Contemplation
- 7. Jonathan Edwards’s Spiritual Practices
- Appendix 1: Praying With Jonathan Edwards
- Appendix 2: Practicing Conference With Jonathan Edwards
- Appendix 3: Going On Retreat With Jonathan Edwards
- Appendix 4: The Jonathan Edwards Project