Fresh Vision For the Muslim World
After living for more than two decades in the Middle East, pastor, author and college Arabic instructor Mike Kuhn wonders if there can be a fresh vision for the Muslim world-one not rooted in media lies or personal fears but...
You May Also Like
After living for more than two decades in the Middle East, pastor, author and college Arabic instructor Mike Kuhn wonders if there can be a fresh vision for the Muslim world-one not rooted in media lies or personal fears but in the values of Christ's kingdom. Is the only option to fight, to eradicate, to judge? Or can the mindset of confrontation give way to one of incarnation? In Fresh Vision for the Muslim World, Kuhn challenges readers to love the Muslims down the street and across the world with the love of Christ. Kuhn's vast experience and research show readers that Muslims today have the same hopes and spiritual needs as any of us. With practical suggestions, Kuhn helps readers leave the path of isolation, fear and self-preservation and choose a less-traveled road: a path of self-awareness, empathy, and deep listening. Choosing the latter path is radical. It is difficult. And it is a step toward seeing Jesus Christ receive his rightful place of honor among a people longing to know him.
Mike Kuhn married Stephanie in 1983 and for the next twenty-two years lived in Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East. As he befriended his Muslim neighbors, what he learned experiencing day-to-day life was more than any book or university could have ever taught him about engaging the Muslim world. He grew to love not only Muslims, but also the Arabic language and now teaches it at the college level. Mike's ongoing friendship with believers from an Islamic background continues to influence his understanding of God's pursuit to reconcile all nations to himself.
- After Living For More Than Two Decades In The Middle East, Pastor, Author And College Arabic Instructor Mike Kuhn Wonders If There Can Be A Fresh Vision For The Muslim World-one Not Rooted In Media Lies Or Personal Fears But In The Values Of Christ's Kingdom. Is The Only Option To Fight, To Eradicate, To Judge? Or Can The Mindset Of Confrontation Give Way To One Of Incarnation? In <em>fresh Vision For The Muslim World</em>, Kuhn Challenges Readers To Love The Muslims Down The Street And Across The World With The Love Of Christ. Kuhn's Vast Experience And Research Show Readers That Muslims Today Have The Same Hopes And Spiritual Needs As Any Of Us. With Practical Suggestions, Kuhn Helps Readers Leave The Path Of Isolation, Fear And Self-preservation And Choose A Less-traveled Road: A Path Of Self-awareness, Empathy, And Deep Listening. Choosing The Latter Path Is Radical. It Is Difficult. And It Is A Step Toward Seeing Jesus Christ Receive His Rightful Place Of Honor Among A People Longing To Know Him.
- Part I: A Visionary Paradigm
- 1 Casting A New Kind Of Vision
- Part Ii: A Historical Perspective
- 2 A History Of Complicity: Who, Me?
- 3 Give Back My Holy Land!
- 4 Two World Wars And A New Reality
- Part Iii: A Theological Dimension
- 5 Your Truth Or Mine?
- 6 Jesus’ Kingdom In The Muslim World Today
- 7 The Israel Of God
- 8 What’s Next Or What’s Now?
- 9 Perspective Makes All The Difference
- Part Iv: A Reality Check
- 10 Reformation La Islam
- 11 "thou Shalt Not Be Terrorized"
- Part V: Steps To Incarnation
- 12 God On Mission, Human Beings On Mission
- 13 Living The Kingdom, Extracting The Empire